Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the other problem i have,,,

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4xcrazy, Oct 14, 2005.

1. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

It just started doing this the past couple of weeks, it's doing the same thing my '88 TPI Camaro did, and that is building up some decent pressure in the fuel tank, enough to where you can actually smell fuel vapors coming from somewhere, while at a slow cruise, or stopped at stoplights.

What am i looking for to finger out whats causing this, something plugged, was going to ckeck the vent hose this weekend,,,what else is there?

2. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

possibly gas cap problem??? :D

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

so i shouldn't be using the breaker bar to install the cap?????

don't think thats it, it's fairly new, what i guess i really need, is to get off my lazy bootay, and get out there and check the hoses to the canister and wherever else there may be something hooked up to it.....

4. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

Fer sure use whatever tools nessasary to install the cap!!! You didn't mention if you found the prob on the car. Wierd problem that I think you must be on the right track on(got no other wild guesses). By the way, dig your burb, wish my wife (and finances) would let me do more to our burb. Try to let me know if you're goin' wheelin north of PHX and I'll try to come south and hook up w/you! :D

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

If you overfill the tank, it can soak the charcoal canister under the hood and it'll smell like gas.

6. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

89 Sub speaks the truth. :crazy:

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

at almost $3.00/gal,,,it's been a looooooooong time since it's been "full" or even near that mark, :doah:

i figure it's gotta be a vent tube blocked up or something, and no, i never did find the problem with the Camaro, i ended up trading it in for this thing,,,sometimes i kick myself in the butt, sometimes i only think i want to :p: