Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Passion......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by js4x4, Dec 11, 2004.

1. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Ok, hate to sound cynical and all....i consider myself an agnostic chistian type of guy....but i bought The Passion of christ (mel gibson film) and got 40 mins into it and turned it off. Not because of violence...not because it moved me to tears....but...cuz it really kinda sucks as a movie thus far - it inspired no real feelings at all to be honest. There is a lot more Hollywood in the movie than let on by being in Aramaic (whatever the language is) and as 'realistic' as lead to believe by the media hype and sales (ticket and DVD release #'s).

40 mins into Schindlers List I was horrified of the wrongs done by man.....and the facts are backed up. Not to say Jesus wasn't beat and stuff...but I don't find the movie really......accurate.
    Technically there is no real acting in the film, it may individually give a certain actor(s) good cameo roles...but nothing Oscar worthy (not that JC is chasing Oscars-but Mel is!) So far i find it a mediocre film at best.....

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It was never really meant to be a film, everyone already knows the story in some part

I liked it fairly well

Jesus got the crap beat out of him

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I agree, the movie just sucked... SUCKED... It was a waste of my $8, and it always pisses me off when I spend $8 to go to a movie and nearly fall asleep because it's so damn boring... Normally when movies are bad, they're funny bad... But this movie is just boring bad... And I know people who saw it 10 times at the theater. How they can do that, I don't know... Maybe Jesus talked to them or something... I'm a Christian myself, but hell if I'll spend money to see that movie again...

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I thought it was a very good movie. I love the fact that they make it out to be the Jews that killed him, too.

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I guess we all like different movies cause I thought it was great. The acting, effects, music the whole thing. I was really moved and thought it was extremely accurate to the Bible, especially for a Hollywood movie, I was actually suprised.

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I have my own view of the movie and what I think about it really does not matter... but I can also say I watched it all. Perhaps you should watch all of it... I'm not sure it will change your opinion any... but you're only only half informed to a dregree... true you could still come away with the same opinion, but at least you would know you gave it every opporutnity. :dunno:

Did you watch all of Schindlers List?