Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The performance exam is done!***Update***UPDATE AGAIN!!***

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Feb 9, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

For the past 3 or 4 months I've been trying to get a job with the CIty of Newark doing Park Maintenance. Here's the thing's I've gone through already:
    Applied= Passed
    Written Test= Passed (out of atleast 75 people)
    Oral Interview= Passed (out of 23 people)
    Performance Test= ? (will know Thursday)
    Drug Test= Next
    Final Interview= After Drug Test

This span has already taken about 3 up to 4 months. For the Performance Test you had to do the following:

Dig a hole (2 ft. long X 1.5 ft wide X 1 ft deep)
    Make a road block (Using multiple sign's,and a blockade)
    Load and strap down a trailer (Load a lawn mower, edger,and cones)

I felt I did my best,and didn't really get nervous doing the multiple tasks. I am 22 and the rest of the people going for the job are all overweight, and balding. Think my age might give me an edge? Also have experence doing this type of work for Fremont at Lake Elizabeth. Man I hope I get this position... Not only is it cool working outdoors, local, but you get paid a phat amount of cash to do this stuff.

COME ON JUST GIVE ME THE JOB!!

Just got a letter in the mail...I made it to the final round!! Now I have to go for the final interview,but I just hurt my back. This is gonna be intresting...

Well I called the city of Newark today to say WTF? The lady informed me that they are currently doing a background check on a person (Not me).. Look's like I wasted my time!!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by UseYourBlinker on 02/12/02 02:34 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: The performance exam is done!

congrats and good luck[​IMG]

wheeling pics

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Re: The performance exam is done!***Update***

Just got a letter in the mail...I made it to the final round!! Now I have to go for the final interview,but I just hurt my back. This is gonna be intresting...

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Something weird goin' on here...... I could swear I said congrats the first time this thread was floating...

Anyway, congrats and good luck!!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah! Go for it.... I started off in the grounds department of a school district. When I was about your age. Worked my way up..... makin good money now and I will be able to retire when I am 54 . Only 8 years to go till R&amp;R time !!!!
    When you are young retirement is usually the last thing on your mind. But when you get older early retirement starts to look REAL GOOD. Sometimes its hard to take all the BS that goes on in a government job but if you stick with it. It sure pays off in the end.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins