Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Pig is out!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CooknwithGas, Sep 5, 2002.

1. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

I avoided killing myself while removing my big fat pig of an NP203 from the blazer last weekend which is a good thing. The reason for the extraction was that my adapter plate has a broken bolt on the bottom. Unable to remove the broken bolt while in the truck, I thought it could be done out of the truck. NO CAN DO! Now that there is a SUPER hard piece of easy-out broken in the hole, I can't even drill it.

Does anyone know where I can get a used adapter plate for an NP203 to a TH350? Oh- and one without a broken bolt in one of the mounting holes.

And all this just to replace the rubber mounts!

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I believe I have one... I have a turbo 350 and it has an adapter on it, and the guy I bought my truck from gave me a 203 in case I had to swap that other tranny in. I can check it when I get home from work, what is one definate way to tell if its a 203 adapter?

3. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Yeah, it looks a lot like those. I'm pretty sure that it is a 350 to 203 adapter. I'll double check when I get off work at 5. Make me an offer on it if you want it, I've got a 205 and don't plan on swapping in a 203. I'll try to pull it off of the old tranny/crossmember that I've got it on so that I can bring it into work and check shipping cost for ya'.