Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Planets Are Out of Alignment

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

My MO during work is to keep the craziness for end of shift. I have spent many an hour after I was supposed to be home processing arrests that I stumbled into on my way home.

This week, it's flipped upside down and all around. Thursday, I am barely on duty and on my way to the office before the secretary left for paperwork when I caught a BOLO for a suicidal dude that had sliced a wrist. Since I knew the dad, I figured I would stop by since I was nearby and see what he knew, figuring it would be nothing. I ended up finding the guy in that town and got to spend some quality time in the ER. I went and ate, then caught two calls right after that and then I had to go help my partner locate a residence. What a way to spend the first 6 hours.

Then tonight................

I'm heading into the office, went on about an hour early so I could meet a victim from an incident a few months ago (and that one happened right after I came on duty, rare for me) and unscrew the paperwork screwup that I missed yesterday. I'm almost to the office and we're rolling to a fight 20 miles away. Get there, nothing, so I leave to get back to the office and end up seeing what the local PD had after a short pursuit.

I finally get to the office, get the paperwork thing figured out, talk to the victim and I'm there maybe all of 15 minutes and the phone rings, the local PD needs backup to an unknown 911 call. They only had one guy available due to the pursuit. We blow out of the office and their officer gets there and calls in that he found the woman and there's a lot of blood. She will be okay, didn't get the son of a bitch that did it. We finally leave and have our monthly shift briefing at the burger joint and things quieted down.

There was of course the lady I wrote a speeding ticket too. She was upset cause her BF was banging some other gal and she apparently missed my lightbar from a quarter mile away when I lit someone else up........ :confused:

So end of shift comes and I'm heading home and I find a semi on the side, well about halfway into one lane, no lights and reflectors out. Needless to say I wasn't too impressed when he told me the mechanic was a couple of hours away and he was coming from Arizona. Got him a tow truck and finally got home almost 2 hours after I was supposed to be.

I've got one more night to go. The blood is getting worse and it's been 11 months since the last pursuit we've been in and the boss is out of town. Wonder if anyone would be pissed if I did my shift from the comfort of my own home tonight???????????????? :D

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

soo lookin forward to a ride along

did you hear about the CHP that got shot in woodland?
    freaking woodland of all places, some stupid punk kid shot him in the face. nor reason at all, just a regular traffic stop. :mad: :mad: sux

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yup, read about that yesterday................. :mad:

4. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I think these cali guys need to do felony stops on EVERBODY. Granmaw, Aunt Sue, Who the hell ever..........cant shoot ya when they are lickin pavement.
    ;)

Honestly though, never let your guard down. I look at it this way, think of your self as a QB, your offensive line has NEVER let anybody sack you. So instead of being aware of your situation, you just stand there with your eyes closed cause nothing has ever happened before. Afterawhile, something will happen and you will regret having your eyes closed.

Now that makes sense to me, but it probably sounds stupid to everbody else :D

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Ha I got out of a speeding /reckless driving / driving to endanger ticket bc I said my g/f had just broken up with me.

Actually I think it was more that I was wearing my athletic clothes and the local cop thought I played on the football team or something so he just said "get home son" :screwy:

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I've been pretty much a tightass about things when I'm out on stops. After last weekend, it's even more so. Hopefully I never lose that edge..............

7. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Bubba you ever read those Tactical Edge books? The ones for Street fighting, High Risk patrol......etc?

I'm lookin for one or two of'em if you anybody that is sellin'em kinda cheap :D

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Never have. I should look around for them. I have been thinking of maybe trying to go to one of those Street Survival seminars in the next few years.