Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The plow truck is no longer...........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Feb 28, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

WELL, IT's NO LONGER......... A PLOW TRUCK! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    [​IMG] -------> [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both of my unused winter toys.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif we had very little snow this year
    [​IMG]
    Surprisingly the wiring harness came out very easy... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    The bolts on the other hand, they feel right off with a little twist from the blue wrench

As always I have tons of pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif Now for the fun part.... /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif Floor repair Part 2 /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    [​IMG]
    trimmed out around fender bolt for sliders

/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif [​IMG]

Slider pics
    [​IMG]
    those yellow plates will be drilled and tapped for new bolts to go threw the fender into the slider holding the fender on and the sliders will be welded to the body mounts which are in pretty good shape given the history of the truck...
    [​IMG] Some hot welds /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

So say good bye to "The Plow Truck" and hello to Sir "Rusty of Buckets" /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

HAPPY /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif Day

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

look like your really moving on that thing, so you wanna sell the plow? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so you wanna sell the plow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I was going to ask the same thing. Between my friend and I, I found out this year that we need about a fleet of plow rigs to do one route.

Looks like quite the project. but coming along. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thats some pretty nasty rust over there.

4. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    look like your really moving on that thing, so you wanna sell the plow? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YEP... $500 for the plow $300 for the snowmobile.... or both for $750! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]
    Plow comes with the mounts and I'm finding replacement bolts for the ones I torched so it wll be ready to go back in. The pump is good, as with any used pump it could use a cleaning/new seals.
    The plow has three springs on the back, it a 7.5' meyers with an E-47 pump. With the three springs it plowed excellent, most tip forward and dont scrape as well. I have the harness controllers lights and everything /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    There are some rust spots threw on the blade, esp at the top where snow packs into that top rail. I was going to buy a poly board and glue on this past winter but Rusty wasn't running so I didn't have to worry about it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The snowmible runs, just had the slide frame totally gone threw... all new slides and guides, I cleaned carbs and fuel lines out, drained the tank and filled it back up with fresh gas... the carbs just need adjusted a little better now /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Man, I'd buy them both. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i might take you up on the offer in a few weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

my dad needs a plow for his blazer /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. jjlaughner

The sooner the better... I think there's going to be an ad put up locally this week and if it not gone in two weeks its going into the auto trader... I need $$$$ ASAP to finish the floors and get caught up on bills... still need to regear my DD too (I should find out monday if I have a new job, if I do it requires 60 miles each way commute)

8. jjlaughner

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I guess I am making the front floors from 1/8" too /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Pop's think its needs some more support since we are tucking the ends under the body and tying back into the front body mounts. I finished up the sliders today, it suppost to rain tomorrow so we pushed the truck back in.
    I started making the seat bases for the racing buckets. How much would a 2" main hoop cost? I want to bolt it in and mockup the seatbelts till I have the time money to do the rest of the cage /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif