Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Program 02

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Twiz, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ...I was viewing all the pics on my thread, "OFFICIAL THREAD TO POST YOUR MUG SHOT," and came across yours and had to ask what kind of workout did you do

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, the pic was just good light and camra angle. I'm standing in a boat, the dude with the camra is below me in the water, and the sun is right over my head - couldn't ask for a better set-up than that.

With that said (again).
    The "program" is from the book "Body For Life" by Bill Phillips.
    I think the dude is ligit and the "program" works. Get the book.

In a nut shell, it's really not hard to do, but you have to commited to it.
    - Drink gallons of water - then drink more water.
    - Eat 6 times a day. Most of those (for me) are supplements, or Meal Replacement Poweders (MRPs)
    - Lift weights with intensity. Go in, get it handled and get out. The dude says to weight train every-other day,
    I went two on, one off, two on, two off, because it worked better for me. (A push / pull / lower body thing)
    I change the Weight/Reps/Work-out every 2 weeks, keeps you from "just going through the motions".
    - Aerobics every-other day. I'm kind-of a small/lean guy to begin with, I just took the hounds to the park and joged.
    - Get the book.

Good?

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

- Get the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

can't I just get you as a personal trainer?
    /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    Brandy

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]

Dats what I'm sayin!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Right now, my workout consists of walking into the kitchen, open the door, grab snack, eat, walk to the tv...usually 3 sets of 8 /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I need to eat smaller meals more often...work just doesn't really allow for that /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. I'm trying to think of ways...maybe I should get like one of those mix drinks and mix it and put it in the fridge or something.
    I was working out regularly but I had to go to Georgia for a funeral and didn't do anything but sit in a car and drive which made me lazy. I made plans to kick myself in the butt again this week starting tomorrow. I gots to get my bikini bod back! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]

You have anyone in-mind? Cuz' I know this guy, pretty decent dude, and might be willing to relocate. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Ohh, nice ring BTW.

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I need to eat smaller meals more often...work just doesn't really allow for that

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats whats so great about the MRPs, all you need is some water and a Shaker-bottle and your set.
    It's quick, fast and simple. The tuff part is tring to drink all that water, all-day long.

With my CK5 addiction and tring to get the Jimmy ready for Blazer-fest. I've been getting soft too.
    But now that you guys have put me in the hot-seat, I'm going to get back after it.
    It's really not that tuff, you just have to make the most of your time.
    "Get-in, git it handled, and get-out". It should only take an hour.

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

LOL if I was more disciplined, I'd have a 6-pack.. Johns younger brother owns a Gold's Gym 3 towns (20 minutes) away, and I don't even have to buy a membership. Just easier to work out at home for me.

We have a gym set up down here in the basement. Commercial Treadmill, Weider (sp??) system, free weights etc... I do most of my exercise walking, pushing a double jogger stroller, with 85 lbs of kids in it. or if it's nasty weather out, I "tread" while All My Children is on...

I eat what I want, when I want, my metabolism allows for that, I'm the same size/weight I was in highschool, and this is 2 kids, and 8 years later

My Brother is built a lot like you twiz- eats, and works out the same as you. Religously..but all he has in his life is work, and a girlfriend, no kids to tag along to the gym.

I was trying to find a cool animated image for my posts, but couldn't come up with one, then found the ring, thought it was better than nothing. LOL

BTW, I know of a Chevy dealership looking for an ASE tech....hehehehe /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Brandy

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Hey Twiz if your gonna relocate, you better move to Fla! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif You cant hardly throw a rock w/out hitting a Chevrolet Dealer around here. We got yr round good weather,(and wheeling) beaches everywhere, rarely gets below 50*, Im hearing about good trails and mudholes I didnt know about. And besides I could use a new playmate. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif For some reason none of my friends wives will let them hang around w/ me anymore. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Something about being an over grown kid. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

BTW I get all my exercise pushing my luck.

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

And besides I could use a new playmate.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Interesting ....very interesting ! LOL ! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif </font color>

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I agree!! Nice way of saying that, huh? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ahh, I feel so wanted /forums/images/icons/smile.gif , and this time not in the "Convict that jumped the fence" kinda-way.

Speaking of Convicts, WES - where ya at?

12. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Opps, see your allready here. My mistake.

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I was tring to skip right over that. Thanks for pointing it out Riz. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

14. Pure Insanity

I knew that would get a comment or 12 from you guys!

15. thatK30guy

/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif DUH! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. Pure Insanity

Well how the hell else would you say it Wes and be joking around. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Im serious though. I get my buddies in too much trouble.

One friend of mine, he and I have been competeing since high school. He had a Chevrolet on 35s, I put my CJ on 38s. He went 38s, I went 40s on my Cherokee. He went 44s and I had no desire to go that big.

I moved in w/ my girlfriend, he married his, I split up w/ the G/F, played the field for a while, I got married. We had a kid, they had a kid, We had another, they had another. They kept going and had 1 more. We quit at 2.

He got divorced. Im still married. I WIN! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. Pure Insanity

And do you not think that was part of my intention anyway. I am never serious. I joke around constantly. And sometimes I make a goof outta myself just for a laugh. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

18. Pure Insanity

Hey Twiz, youll never make Off Road Warrior. Check out the post count thru this thread. I think the post counter quit.

EERRR AAAA Nevermind! I was thinking it should have been progresive as the posts went down the page. DUHHHHHH!

19. thatK30guy

That sounds exactly what I went thru with my best friend. Except we don't see each other very much anymore. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif: This friend and I were best men for each others weddings.

I bought a house. He got a trailer a little later.

I got married. He got married one year later.

My wife got pregnant. His got pregnant 2 months later.

I set my priorities straight...the kid became number one. He did not set his...beer is still number one to him.

I'm pretty much a "home body". He still goes to another friends place after work everyday and drinks at least a 6 pack every day.

I'm anxious to see our daughter each and every day. He is not...according to his wife.

Who's the winner here? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

20. Pure Insanity

Tell me about it! Sandi and I are the ONLY ones left that got married between 91-94 of all our friends that are still married. Her best friend has been divorced and married and divorced several times. She and Sandi are the same age and she is on her 3rd husband, by the time she was 26! Husband 1 went on the road w/ work and became a coke head. Husband 2 was Mr. Pefect, for about 18 months, he put her in intensive care and beat her constantly. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif But he does have a nice scar on his face care of her. LOL! #3 is a decent guy, they have had problems, theyd get drunk and beat the crap out of eachother, but quit that about a yr ago, and get along great now. The funniest one was one nite they got into a fight on the side of US HWY 301 on the way home from a bar. They beat the snot outta eachother, someone stopped and tried to help. She jumped on the poor guys head for hitting him! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif He left, and they commenced to goin at it again! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Everyone was glad when they got counseling. LOL!

I have my toys (namely PI) but I work everyday, come home after work every nite and stay home. I rarely leave home w/out my family, and never "go out" w/out Sandi. People just have a tendency to get around me and their trucks get bigger, cars get faster........You see a pattern here? LOL! Im just an over grown kid.