Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"The Program" week 4 update

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Jan 10, 2007.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I figured that if Canmore believed in it enough and was nice enough to sit down, type it out and e-mail it to all of us, I might as well give it a try.

So last Tues, I stopped eating almost all sugar/carbs. I still drink milk (some sugar) and I have eaten several salads (some carbs) but no white bread, candy, soda, beer, etc. I have limited myself to red wine, no more than 2 glasses per night. And I am eating more frequently, but less each time, snacking rather than eating big meals.

Last Tues and Wed, I weighed 210lbs on my digital scale, first thing in the morning. Yesterday morning and this morning, I weighed 205lbs on the same scale.

I also notice that I don't feel tired in the middle of the day and my energy level is on the rise.

Anyone else give it a try? Doing it differently? Results?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i was planing on it, but i am sick right now and don;t feel like thinking :smirk:

and since i am not working much right now, money is low, and carbs are cheap:dunno:

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I am going to dive in head first once I can walk again.:doah: My wonderful wife has been preparing all of my meals for me since I am on crutches. So, I won't rock the boat and ask her to make seperate meals for me.:bow: :haha:

My lavish sedentary lifestyle has really reduced my appetite, so I am actually down a few pounds.:D Balancing one footed on the scale is a blast, let me tell ya.:doah:

I hope to drop at least 30lbs before my 15 years high school reunion this summer.;)

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

and where do we find this email you speak of. I've got some lbs I'd like to get rid of:D

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

PM me your e-mail addy and I will forward it to you.:D

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

He is just setting you up for the "no meat week" like last year. Which I will be doing again in February. I think the man exists on twigs and fairy dust.:rolleyes:

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Last I checked I was down from 215 to 210 even though I have sinned.

I couldn't keep my promise to His Noodliness, the Meatsa Pizza demon whispered in my ear.

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Cool, Chad. I'm glad to hear it's working well for you!!! You'll find that the longer you're on the program, the easier it will get. You'll also get really good at interpreting what your body is trying to tell you.

9. cbbr

Week 2 update

2 weeks in. Weight is now 199. That's 11lbs in 2 weeks. Same diet as in the first post. Still not back in the gym because of a lack of time right now, but soon. Anyone else?

10. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

wow, that's pretty awesome. I just started today and hopefully I can get thru the withdraws of no sugar. I've got a bad craving right now for a brownie or honey bun right now.

I was at 296 lbs today just before I stepped in the shower.

11. Brodie

Brodie 1/2 ton status

If you want to maximize your weight loss be sure to have a good workout plan. This is the one that I am using right now.

http://www.eas.com/training/52weekseries/52weekintro.asp

I'm only on week 3 and already have added 20 pounds to my bench, 5 to my curl and 45!!! to my squat. As a bonus I'm starting to get definition in places I didn't know I had places.

12. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

that's my problem, I don't exercise and to be frank about it, hate doing it. another thing is that making time for it. I do not like getting out of bed and going to the gym, I prefer going after I get off work but there's no one open at 2 am.

13. Brodie

Brodie 1/2 ton status

If there isn't anything open then, you can always do some basic calisthenics at home (push-ups, crunches, J-Jacks, ect). If there is people sleeping you can always put on a reflective vest and go for a run. 1 miles 3 days a week is all it takes to start.

14. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

I have been doin the Can Can diet since Jan 2nd. The first week I lost 8 lbs bringing me from 304 to 296, the second week I gained 3lbs and was up to 299. I am part way into week 3 and am now at 292 lbs. Thats 7lbs since tuesday. I was feelin pretty crappy about cheating and just needed a pep talk from the old wise one. At the same time as starting the diet I blew the dust off the old weights and am already benching 3 reps of 10 at 160lbs and curling 40lbs. I haven't pushed any weight other then carrying around reels and the ladder at work, since I played football about 6 years ago. I am also jogging/power walking for 15 minutes after I do the weights, or biking at a steady 14km/h for 30 mins.

I cheat pretty hard too, I am only 24 and enjoy the beer. One night every week I hit it hard and am still making progress.

My target weight is 260 lbs by june.

15. cbbr

I can confirm that the diet works if you stick with it. I will hit the gym in the 2nd week of Feb - I am going on a trip and don't want to be all sore right now.

16. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I really wanted to try it, but got off track, and I seem to have deleted or the email got lost, anyone care to forward it to me? this time i`ll save it;)

17. cbbr

Your e-mail is not working, I'll PM you.

18. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

thank you sir;)

19. cbbr

3 weeks in. Weight is now 194. That's 16lbs in 3 weeks. No exercise yet. Just the diet. And I feel better overall with no mid day dip in energy or after lunch slump.

20. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The biggest problem I had with the carb diet was letting go of the beer. I like good beer, not the watered down light stuff. For your accomplishment in the face of such adversity, I salute you, sir!

Can you pm me the diet, my dad needs to get on one, maybe I can talk him into trying it.