Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the pull my finger trick. funny memory, share yours of your kids.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Jul 31, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

My 3 1/2 year old son Lucas and I were out in the garage and I showed him the "pull my finger" trick. He cracked up laughing. We toot at home freely as long as there is an "excuse me" afterwards, and you have to claim silent ones. I figured it's like a right of passage for a father to show his son the pull my finger trick. Ofcourse when we went in the house and he told his mother that he pulled daddys finger and I tooted, I just got a look from her that looked something like she might have been thinking "you jackass". Ofcourse I said "What, its my duty as a father to show him "the trick". She just shook her head. The funny thing is now my son asks me from time to time if he can pull my finger. I say to him, but I dont have to toot right now bud, maybe later. He'll ask, "you got to burp or anything?", I say no not right now. He says "ok, you tell me if you do and I will pull your finger for you". I tell him, "ok bud thanks for offering the help." He just simply says your welcome dad. Priceless memory. I love my son.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. rdn2blazer

Old post but a funny, good memory I had with my son who's 7 now. Just thought I would re-share it and pull it back up. Post up some of your good memories you have with your kids.

3. throttleissues

throttleissues 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's classic, Rob. I agree that it's your duty to share these things with your kids, BECAUSE it's not PC.:haha: Luckily, my wife is very tolerant of the stuff I feel the need to share with the kids. She grew up with 2 older brothers that used to hang spit over her face and fart on her head.:haha: You can see how she ended up so easy-going.:D

4. rdn2blazer

:haha:Yep, that kind of abuse gives you thick skin. Good for her she lived thru it. :D:haha:Probably made her a better woman because of it. :waytogo:

5. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My wife gets all kinds of bent out of shape when I do this. But that doesn't stop me:D But instead of the pull my finger trick (my kids are all older now), I do the hand-shaped-like-a-gun-shooting thing. I also do the lift the leg and toot thing. although it bothers her most of the time, there is the rare instance when she busts up laughing and can't stop for a few minutes. That makes all the dirty looks worth while:wink1:

6. rdn2blazer

My woman is actually all good with tooting. Just that day she gave me the look probably cause my boy was so young. :D

7. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

Mine is the stomp the ground and letter rip..."dad gum barking spiders!!! I got him though!:D"

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha:funny chit Rob..the only thing i have taught my son seems to be road rage.:rolleyes: we were stuck behind a slow ass driver that eventualy turned right.Audric throws his hand out the window and yells" thanks alot idiot!".:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:i had to pull over, i was laughing so hard i could not see.:laugh:

9. boggerless

.."dad gum barking spiders!!! :haha::haha:i heard someone call it spiders on a dirtbike.:D

10. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I taught my daughter, and now my grandaughter how to burp, then say an almost unheard "scuze me". Also taught my g/d how to do a toast....hold our glasses up, tink, drink, and then aahhh. She always laughs before we get done.

11. boggerless

:D cool Dave.how close are you to the water on the west side?lets go diving......:laugh:

12. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

you meaning the big lake? bout an hour. its full of beaches too. you up for taking a trip to Silver Lake dunes this summer?

13. davidv851

davidv851 Registered Member

No kids of my own yet, though my Great-Grandmother used to get people all the time... 80-something-year old woman, her favorite is when people would ask her if she wanted a hand standing up from a chair; She'd make sure they only got one finger on her hand and let one rip...

14. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I taught my little niece the "pull my finger" trick one day....

She pulled, I let one go. She laughed.

Immediately, she said "Pull MY finger now"

So I did. Of course nothing happened.

She got this sad look on her face, and started pouting and said:

"It didn't work...."

She was so bummed out that her finger couldn't make "toots" like mine did. I love how kids can be so simpleminded and literal about things.

:usaflag: