Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The quest begins!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Commocozy, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

About a month ago i picked up a 79 Jimmy. It was compleetly stock, and i had big plans for it.

Well Starting on Friday the 4th of Jan I started my plans. So far i have gutted the inside all that is left is the dash. I took the doors, top and tail gate off.

The next step is to kill the little rust it does have, and then paint the WHOLE truck with black bedlinner. The she is off the the frame shop for a rollcage. I have tons of ideas rolling around in my head, but i am not sure what to do.

I also plan to go 1 Ton axles.. If i only had all the money in the world :-) I will try to get pictures and keep this thred updated as everything moves foward.

79 Jimmy all stock right now.

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

ok

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>

3. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

Just wanted to bring this back up to the top with pictures... The bottom 2 pictres are what she looked like a month ago, and the rest are what she looks like now after the weekend...

http://www.community.webshots.com/user/explorerdriver

79 Jimmy all stock right now.

4. jplagg

jplagg Registered Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/explorerdriver>clicky</a> :-)