Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The race is on!!

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by K5BLT4FUN, Mar 4, 2003.

1. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Let's get ready to rumble. Well the race is on between Mudzer(Neil) and myself. I have ordered my doubler and it should be here by the end of the week(I hope). We will see who has their truck on the road first. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Nothing like a year's head start! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Remember who has the best tranny jack in the world! Muaaaahahahahahaa /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    I think Neil has two secret weapons that you lack...
    1. The best tranny jack in the world
    (So cool it might as well be chromed...bling bling)
    2. Me...with such superpowers as the ability to point and laugh at Neil when he drops a wrench in 5 gallons of gear oil.
    What do you say about that ? eh ?
    Blake

4. Mudzer

Doh....

And, why am I not working tonight? I dont know!!!

5. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

I'm just racing to get this thing together in time to go. I got it painted over the weekend now I just need to swap the body bushings and start putting it back together.

6. K5BLT4FUN

Now Neil, just remember where you got that transmission jack from.

7. Mudzer

Well,

More problems. I will need to install the 2" body lift, and probably clearance the floor somewhat. I am not sure about the driveline angles, they dont seem too bad. We will see. Tonight, the body lift goes on and finally I can get the transfercases where they belong.

The Dual Case is bolted to the tranny in the truck, but sitting a little lower than I expected.

More news at 10:00. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Neil,
    As moderator of the Midwest K5 Thing, can't you add to the rules that all posts must be written using punctuation ? Or maybe a community standard of writing posts that make sense to others besides the author ? I think this would benefit everyone here and help with some confusion.

Blake

9. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Now now, play nice! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

10. Mudzer

Time keeps on tickin' tickin' tickin'..... Into the Fuu-turrre....

Du-du dudu. Du-du duuu! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sorry to hear about your Delay Layne! I'm going on a parts round-up trip to KV this weekend so the truck sits idle.

11. K5BLT4FUN

Neil its time to turn up the heat. After my minor set back today, I now have the doubler kit in hand. The 203 is rebuilt and ready to go. Tomorrow I should be taking the 205 out and modifing the shift rails and start fitting the 203 to the NV4500. Check out the pic Doubler Kit /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12. KRAZIE87K5

Now thats what I call some SEXY metal!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Go Layne Go Layne! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

-Dan

13. K5BLT4FUN

IT'S TIME TO KICK IT UP A NOTCH!! BLAMMM!
    Well I didn't get as much done as I had hoped to, but I did get the Doubler Kit installed in the NP203. I got the NP205 out of the Blazer (without the use of the Ultimate Tranny Jack). I got the Doubler/NP203 installed. Check it out: Doubler Project

14. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

I got the front crossmember in, the gearbox back on, about 5 min from having the front axle cleaned and ready to reasemble, and got almost half of the body bushings on thanks to a little help from Jeff.

15. K5BLT4FUN

It sounds like almost everyone is under the gun to get ready in time for the run. I hope we all make it!?!

16. KRAZIE87K5

Under the gun? I haven't even found the gun yet! I have yet to even TOUCH my truck. Still have to get the 42's on, fenders "trimmed", install the WTO hydro assist, OBA install, and a possible twin stick on the 205. Sounds like I should get busy... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

17. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    Now thats what I call some SEXY metal!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Go Layne Go Layne! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Man, where is your loyalty!!!

Layne, it's looking good. What happened to "Im going to be too busy this weekend to get anything done." Geez. You let your guard down and he beats you with a frying pan! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Hey, Now I need to post pics of my doubler COMPLETELY in the truck.

18. K5BLT4FUN

Neil, it only took 2.5 hours to assemble the 203/Doubler and that includes taking pictures and cleaning up the shop so I could find the workbench. It did take a little longer than that to get the 205 out. I had to wait for the tires to deflate so the jack would reach. I took the 205 completely apart today after church. I have started the modification to the shift rail and will drill and tap the "plug" holes. One major set back though. I leave for Lincoln, NE tomorrow at 5:30 AM and won't be home to work on it till next weekend. You may have enough time to catch up.Good Luck /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

19. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    I leave for Lincoln, NE tomorrow at 5:30 AM and won't be home to work on it till next weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I suppose you didn't take the NP205 with you to work on in the hotel room?

Oh, and to all KC Metro area pedestrians and drivers - be on the lookout for a white mini van that drives from shoulder to shoulder. Driver is known to whip out his "shaft" while driving and talking on a cell phone.... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

In reference to Layne looking at his Doubler and talking to me on the cell phone.

20. KRAZIE87K5

[ QUOTE ]
    And I suppose you didn't take the NP205 with you to work on in the hotel room?

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Now that shounds like something I would try... too bad I fly. I don't think I could get a 205 case thru airport security! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif