Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The race is on!?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5BLT4FUN, Mar 4, 2003.

1. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well the race is on between Mudzer(Neil) and myself. I have ordered my doubler and it should be here by the end of the week(I hope). I had posted earlier the Advance Adapter Kit for my NV4500 to NP203. Well the 203 is completely rebuilt including new input gear and all new bearings and thrust washers. The AA Kit is installed on the 203 and its ready for the doubler. We will see who gets their truck back on the road first. I will try and post pic's soon. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Sounds good just got mine back on the road monday still have some issues but it drives. Should have it at the cabella's meeting. Good luck on yours.

3. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Neil its time to turn up the heat. After my minor set back today, I now have the doubler kit in hand. The 203 is rebuilt and ready to go. Tomorrow I should be taking the 205 out and modifing the shift rails and start fitting the 203 to the NV4500. Check out the pic Doubler Project /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Layne, what you talking about man? I already have mine installed!!! Well, sorta. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Watson was right, I'll have a hole in the floor "large enough to fit Babies through" (Billy Bob quote) for the NP205 to clear. I thought I would only have issues with the NP203 box, but it seems the NP205 is more of an issue.

Oh well, I am installing the 2" Body Lift (Thanks Billy Ray!) and firing up the sawzall!!!

Thinking about adding a few bars to the cage to support the seats so they are a non issue.

It looks like driveshaft angles will not be as severe as we thought. We will see.

I have my twin-stick shifters figured out and will stop by the Steel shop to pick up crossmember steel.

Hey, If I'd went with a "Stock Doubler" like yours, I might have had it installed prior to a years time! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Check out the
    Midwest K5 Thing Forum for more details. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif