Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The replacement for my blazer is gettin closer to done!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chaz88K5, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

got a few things done today...welded tabs to bolt the dash to...started bolting the fire wall and floor down...tested the flex to check for clearance of the exhaust pipes with the driveshafts...goin to take my vac time next week and start bustin ass on it...i want to wheel again...its beed over a year now since i have had something to wheel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

That's some fine looking work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

duuude thats amazing!! BADASS!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That is sweet looking chaz, can't wait to see it when its all finished /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

It looks like the time has really paid off. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wow, thats very badass. Man I want a tube buggy. Stick with the K5 and save money for now. what size Krawlers? 37?

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I hope to have it done for January...i want to run the Calrocs "put up or shut up" comp down in johnson valley (barstow area) new years weekend...its goin to be close...i may have it done but not painted or anything....and as for the blazer...i am done with it...its broke and not even goin to bother to fix it...i am so sick of the damn thing...i robbed the axles out of it for the buggy and the rear drive shaft and now the super duty is the DD and the blazer is now...well a dust collector /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif..if anyone wants the blazer...ill sell it cheep...really cheep... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

What size MT/Rs did you have and how did you like them? still have the beadlocks?

9. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i had the 37" MT/R's on it...they were worn out after pickin up the buggy frame from washington...so now there is a brand new set of 35" bfg m/t's on it since i couldent get MT/R's and the bead locks are long gone...thos stockton wheel bead locks were the biggest joke...i dont care how they were torqued but they would keep breakin bolts and i would loose a tire on the freeway...did that 3 times in a month and got rid of the bastards and just have normaly black steel wheels on it now...dont ever get stockton wheel bead locks....JUNK is what they are

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

What you think of the 37s? I've been planning them for my K5. Gotcha on the beadlocks thing. My plan if I go locks has just been a beadlock upgrade kit on some simple 15x8 steels.

11. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

they did great off road...but i think they wore just a little too fast...i had them for about 10 months before they were down to the ware bars...altho...i dont now how many miles i had put on them...but if ya figure i have put 9000 miles on my Super duty since aug...and i havent been driving nearly as much as i use to..might give ya a guess at how long they lasted miles wise

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Hmm not liking the sound of that. I want tires that will last me like a year or 20k miles, whichever comes first. I should just get a little car to daily drive and build a truggy from the K5. Yeah well maybe someday I will decide on that.

13. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

just a guess..i prob had over 20k on them....i drive alot so smoke through tires....since i got the blazer 5 years ago i put 140,000 k on it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wow, I drove most in my 95 I had beginning of the summer. Put a good 5k on that in a few months. I drive a lot just not far. The k5 may do lots of far drives though, trips to Paragon and trail rides and all. I want to get a tire I can get like 20k off road useable miles on. Of course not all miles off road just that at that mileage they would still be useable offroad though understandably not as great.

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what coil overs are you running and where did you get the frame?

16. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Racerunner/Sway-a-way coil overs i got from Rock Equipment. and the frame was built by Chris and Jason Hibbs From spokane washington...he goes by Beconbasher on Pirate but not on much anymore because of the whole ordeal with 70~k5 awhile ago...but my experiance with him....he and his brother jason were great guys to deal with...even took me wheelin in their rigs when i went up to pick up the frame /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i want to run the Calrocs "put up or shut up" comp down in johnson valley (barstow area) new years weekend...its goin to be close...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm close to there, so if you have any problems, we can run it over to the house and get it fixed. Do you know if that is going to be a two day event? The buggy is looking great.

18. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i should be a 2 dayer...all but the rock race in placerville has been 2 days...

I pulled the motor and tranny out of it today...so i can put the clutch in...and finish welding up things that i cant get to with both thos items in the frame..i think i might end up paiting it before i put the motor in again...there is not too much more i have to weld on it...so i might as well get it lookin good /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

19. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

very nice work dude. let us know when and where your first event is gonna be, ill be there to watch.

do you still have your worn out 37 MTRs? im looking for spares.

20. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

nope...sold them a few months ago...