Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the resurection of my 1st blazer :)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Apr 24, 2006.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

most on here now me as a smashing, sheet metal slaying sacrifishal car killin, bad deals made young kid with little hope,

well my original blazer.. 2 year frame off project, now a truggy pile of tube..:doah:

so i decided to resurect my 86, also once fixed up then burned down,

so 4 weeks ago I drug her home and made some decisions to remake the 75, knowing what I know now,

last time, when the 86 was done just after I painted it.. pre fire..

[​IMG]

and a month ago..
    [​IMG]

now,

got the crate motor in, stole the 37's off my 75, t-350 and 203,

free rims, 40 dollars of lug nuts, and 100 bucks worth of metal and cutting disk, 100 dollar used 6 point cage, 125 dollar used cowl hood, new fenders, and converted to a full top, used 50.00 windshield, and a perfect used dash,
    tube doors, tube tail gate and sliders, I figured even though it not my wheeler it will still see me behind the wheel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the whole thing will be just like the 75, even the same paint , but with a lighter tint and after some clear and a wet sand, cut/buff she will be purdy this time, and bedliner floor.

end product goal.. in just 2 months, rather then 2 years :doah:

[​IMG]

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

How long will this last?:haha:

Those yota tacoma(??) tailights is an interesting change. I like.

3. supersize75k5

[​IMG]

ya Id say if you haave ALOT of time to burn...go for it, otherwise...

4. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Looks great :bow:

5. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

nice!

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'll believe it when i see it. i think we've heard this before, ironically enough, with this very same truck.

7. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

it is a disgrace putting a toyoda part on a Chevy!

But other than that it turned out really nice! good job on the body!

8. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

you don't seem to be able to leave well enough alone. didn't you have your super clean cherokee buried to the doors within like an hour of owning it?

but hey, your life is a lot better than mine right now so don't listen to me, just give 'er.:laugh:

9. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Im going to make grumbling noises now (wish I had a access to a car lift)

Nice rig though, I dont know about everyone else, but I like the way it turned out. :waytogo:

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

it hasnt "turned out" yet, that's his old '73, which is now a truggy.

11. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Looks like you need to spend another $100. $25 for a new membership and $75 to me.

I really hope that you can't keep this one clean. You have the ability to build some pretty nice looking trucks and it is a shame to watch so many hours of hard work turn 180 degrees and flow right back down the drain.

Harley

12. supersize75k5

shoot me an email harley when ya get a chance

supersize75k5yahoo.com

id like to "think" I have the ability to keep this one nice, im doing a great job of treating the 99 3/4 ton 4x4 burb nice, Id say alot of trashing the last few trucks I built had to do with always havin the actual 4x4 "my 75" down or always ripped apart,

im a little wiser, and the hours that I am putting into this is pretty nutty, I have looked at photes of the 75 for 2 years, and im ready for some self control, light wheeling, camping, the lake , daily driving and going out with some friends is why I put it back together.also I did some prevenative metal trimming, such as the fenders, rockers and making it a convert before i paint it.:smirk:

the 75 can be the actual rig, and when this is done it will get some attention, and some long overdue upgrades, and I finally cut off that oversize stinger..:doah: ...:laugh:

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

hats off to you for puting all that work into to rebuilt an old memory. I liked the yota taillights different and cool I always thought.

14. supersize75k5

um this one..

you can say the jeep was fun, the 4.0 is a awesome little motor in these, add some bolt ons, a little lift and some muds and I had some serious fun..then sold it for a profit of 200.00:eek1: :confused: :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  15. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't pimp out the roll pic without a disclaimer saying tthis is what you don't do . Someone needs tie downs for all their belongings .

I said it !!

16. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

show more close ups of the cut top please, i want to see what i will be dealing with

17. supersize75k5

a quick overview,

when you cut the top, on the rear fenders where the panel ends for the top it will be a few different panels spot welded together, they have bends that conform to the outer most panel shap,

I started first by taking some cheap angle iron and scrap and tack welding a piece of metal between the two pillers and to the floor so my shape did not distort when I started cutting things, I also recomend being carfull when cut because as you cut it will put stress on the rear fender skins and will brake the spot welds if it flex's to much:o so if you have nice paint already, you create a nice spot for failure or crackiing right where the seem sealer is.

when you hack this off you are left with a exsposed hole on the top of the fender, I used a piece of 2x3 rec steel, and cut it to a piece of steel that was 4 inches long, 3 inches wide and about a 1/4 inch tapering down. I used it as a cap. For my truck the welding will be covered by bedliner, as the cab floors, and bed rails will be lined, I figured this would save me the hassel of making them perfect as a painted surface should be.

On the windshild side of it, I had cut the top off my 75 a while back and I have racked my brain on how to make it perfect to the size of the windshild, I ended up making the cuts ruff, and leaving a few extra inches on the windshild frame top piece just in case.

then I took some tubing, just under one ince, but I cant recall the size since it was scrap, I sleved it in the windshield frame and drilled some holes in the frame and spot welded it in four places on each side.

then I installed the gasket on the new windshield off the truck and used some adhesive in a few places to keep it from falling off as I worked with it, also used a heat gun to make it more flexable and to soften the rubber.

then I installed the windshild in the lower 3/4 of the windshild frame, which was not easy nor fun since the gasket was already on the glass:crazy: the I just taped up the glass and cover it with cardboard to protect it in case I bounced or dropped the top piece on the glass, one I was ready I simply trimmed a little at a tim and test fitted the cap untill I had it perfect, it took about 10 cuts on each side with doing it a hair at a time.:rolleyes: once it was all done I protected the glass with wet cardboard andused a rubber hammer antapped it flush and tack welded it, the spot welded the windshild cap to sleave tube inside.

maybe not the best or quickest way to do it, but I wanted it to fit right and be a super tight fit.

mine is in primer now and I neglected to bother taking pics during to hackery,:doah:

18. supersize75k5

yes, tie down ALL of your belongings, while just a flop, I can say if I didnt have equipment in the back my rear quarter panel window would never have been broke,

thankfully the one thing that really needed to be strapped in was.. co2 tank, everthing else though, tools and paperwork made a mess for me to deal with:doah:

19. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ahhh ok so you grafted a 75 frame in

i am just thinking about cutting my top straight across, and filling the hole, but i want to see what it looks like first.

20. mdapperdan

mdapperdan Registered Member

Refund

I would be interested in knowing if Harley gets his $75.00? I would like to get the $100.00 bucks you owe me? What say you?

Dan