Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Retard's Letter to the Editor...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I was reading the paper this morning, and I always like to read the letters to the editor... Usually there's always some stupid person in there who doesn't know what they're talking about, or someone blaming the president because they can't find Oreos at Sears or something... Lately it's been whether or not the Cheyenne Frontier Days committee is discriminating based on sex because there hasn't been a woman on the committee... Whatever...

Anyway, today some lady was published who really takes the cake on idiots writing to the newspaper... They don't publish the letters online and I don't want to type it, so I'll just give you guys the run down...

Lady goes to see Ted Nugent last Friday. She realizes he has some extreme political views, and is willing to set aside their political differences because she likes his music... She ignores his comments about Michael Jackson and about hunting rifles... However, when he called John Kerry and Michael Moore "whores" she got very offended and upset... How dare Nugent refer to someone who "honorably defended our country" a "whore."

Soooooo............... I can't help myself..... I think this woman is stupid...........

Not because she obviously likes John Kerry and Michael Moore.... Not because she has something against hunting.... Not because she totally digs washed up 70's rockers who play rodeos now... But because she went to see probably one of the biggest conservative artists that exist... Because she, for whatever reason she had in her crazed liberal mind, thought that she could go see someone like Ted Nugent and NOT hear talk of John Kerry and Mike Moore in a very negative way... Because she thought she could go see this guy who seems more famous for liking guns than whatever songs he's made, and not hear something about guns...

What the heck WAS she thinking when she bought her ticket? She was going to see the orchestra? Come on! You don't go and see someone like Ted Nugent and think you're going to leave without hearing something to do with politics... It's like going to a U2 concert, you can't leave without hearing about the starving kids in Africa, or something President Bush did to piss off God... It just doesn't work that way...

Learn how to not be offended so easily, or don't go to Ted Nugent concerts... What a concept... :doah: :doah: :doah:

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Wow.. that woman is nuts.. it's funny how to these people, when a lib speaks, it's free speech, and when a conservative speaks, it's hate speech.

I get offended by lefties very easily, so I don't go to a lot of concerts anymore, because I know what I'm gonna hear. Guys like springsteen act like we have a soviet style gulag in operation for the people who speak out...he gets to pretend he's woodie guthrie on stage, then he retreats to his mansions.. oh yeah, he speaks for me... sure he does.

And don't get me started on rage against the machine.. they're just noisy big - nosed string bending communists who can't get dates.

Even some musicians I like as artists piss me off with their views, so I just don't go see them. To me, Steve Earle is a great songwriter, as is Neil Young.. but they're both as red as a baboons butt and they're proud of it.

In regard to the letter writer, she's obliged to keep herself insulated from those who disagree with her, or suffer the consequences.

Tom

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Ted Nuggent is the ****! I went to his concert about a month ago and it was farking nuts. He deffinately puts on a show worth watching. Scratch that off my life's to-do list.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I love Nugent, not because I agree with everything he says (some of it I do though); but because he has the huge brass balls to say it.

Yeah, that lady is a nimrod Capman. But what's new, she's a stupid whining liberal; way to stand out in a crowd. :rolleyes:

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

the folowing is from our local morning talk show DJ's web page. He has a wole bunch of very well thought out stuff about todays america here
    this one is really god, and it pertains alot ot this topic

This column starts out like a bad joke; It's the product of a conversation between a radio talk show host who majored in Psychology (me), a certified Sociologist (a friend who observes and documents society and its' history), and a Philosopher (another friend, smarter than all of us combined). The three of us recently debated and discussed whether or not people in America have the right to be offended.

We've been talking on the show a lot lately about rights and privileges. Most people are too stupid to know the difference, and if that's you, than just stop reading now and go smoke a bowl. This article is for those of you who want to challenge your long held ignorant beliefs and learn something.

Let's first define what a right is. A right is something that, according to Webster's dictionary, is due to a person by law. In America, that means that you are owed a public school education, the ability to pursue your dreams (with no guarantees of success), independence with no ties to another human being, the opportunity to speak your mind (with no guarantee of anyone listening), and a variety of other things including the ability to own a gun.

Your rights in America end when you misuse them to the point of infringing upon someone else's rights. In other words, once you commit a felony (thus infringing on someone's right to pursue life, liberty and happiness by say, raping them) you forfeit your right to own a gun legally. You also forfeit your right to independence by serving jail time, etc.

So, given that premise, do you have the right to be offended? Well, by the letter of the law I guess you could say the answer is yes. I mean, after all no one but you can control your emotions. Technically, you have the right to feel however and whatever you want. However, you don't always have the right to act upon your feelings. For example, if a grown man feel attraction to a 7-year-old girl, there's nothing anyone can do about it. Technically, he has that right. If he acts upon that right though, he will be infringing upon her rights and that's not ok.

So, do you have the right to be offended? Based on the Bill of rights and the Constitution of America, no you don't. For a variety of reasons.

No where in our history has the protection from offensive behavior, writings or material been guaranteed to you. However, our laws and history very clearly guarantee other people the right to say, scribe and do offensive things (we call it the first amendment).

When someone reacts to something they find offensive, that person is not, in fact, exercising their first amendment rights, they are in truth trying to suppress the other person's right to free speech.

If a Christian stands on the corner preaching the word of Jesus and an offended Atheist walks by and calls the man a liar, it is only the Christian who is within his actual rights. The Atheist is hiding behind the first amendment to somehow proclaim that he has the right to react to his childish feelings of being offended. The fact of the matter is, the only right he has is the one to ignore the Christian and go along his way. It's the right to freedom, liberty and personal choice.

The first amendment does not guarantee anyone the right to be heard. You can say whatever you want, but no one has to listen. If I walk through the mall and am handed an offensive PETA pamphlet, I have the free will choice to simply throw it away…ignore it. However, if I choose to become offended by the pamphlet, I have just validated PETA's freedom of speech by allowing them to be heard. I have made the CHOICE to listen; therefore I do not have the right to be offended.

Speaking your mind in America is a right. The opportunity to be offended by what is said is a privilege, one that is not granted to people in North Korea, Iran and dozens of other places in the World. If we allow citizens of America to mis-use their privilege to be offended in ways that stop others from speaking, we will add another block of destruction into our decaying social scrap heap.

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

as do i, i just can't wait till he runs for governor of michigan.

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

its a one way street...

Free speech in the USA??--sure,as long as what you say agrees with everyone else!..as soon as it does not,better duck when the S*** hits the fan,or it will splatter all over you... :rolleyes:

Take the "Dixie Chicks for example--a trio of talented musicians,doing quite well for themselves...then one day,the lead singer says she's ashamed of what Bush is doing to Iraq while they were performing in england....all hell breaks loose,and they are lambasted and dragged over the coals for saying what she felt(her first amendment right as an american)...sure,she should not have said it while overseas,but she did...now they can hardly get any airplay,and thier careers have suffered a great deal..

I dont agree with what she said....but I feel she was within her rights to say it!..(many marines have written them letters saying "we disagrree with your statement,but are willing to die to protect your right to say it!)....if free speech is our right,how come only half of us can speak our mind,and the other half get punished for saying it??...

I go to concerts to hear MUSIC!!..one artist I love a great deal started speaking out a bit about the war,but wisely stopped after the Dixie Chick's incident...as much as a performer may or may not care about the US,or its policy,I feel they need to do what we paid them to do--SING!--not divide the audience with political remarks or preference...just because they are in front of a large crowd does not give them the right to say "this is what we should be doing",etc...who are they to say??..just because they have fame and fortune,they have a voice in world politics?....I dont agree...

But if "free speech" was fact and not fiction,we'd be hearing BOTH sides of the argument--instead,all we hear is I'm right,and YOUR wrong!...nobody can accept the fact someone else might not agree with thier opinions...how can speech be "free" when the "majority rules"..all that means is if more people think one way than all the others,their "speech" is null and void...

I bet we wont be able to say as much as we used too without reprimand soon..its getting closer to dictatorship here every day... :(

8. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

he doesn't even live there anymore...he moved to Texas over a year ago

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

**** yah hes gonna be our governor!

10. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

AFAIK he still has property here in michigan. last time i drove by there was just over a year ago, there was a guard there, but couldn't tell if he was there or not. he has stated that if our current governor is elected that he would run in 2006. so far when asked if he will run, he hasn't said no, but not yes either. if he does run, hes getting my vote for sure.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Kerry isn't a whore for "defending his country" he's a whore for stabbing his military brothers in the back / meeting with the enemy / protesting the war etc while still in the service. I'll give John Kerry all the credit in the world for going to Vietnam, because he deserves it. What he did when he came back still makes him a scum bag though.

j

12. stick

stick Registered Member

:haha:

13. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I hear ( heard ) a lot of people say that kerry deserved credit for going to vietnam.. When it came to light that he served only long enough to film his future campaign commercials, I have to say that he's still a dishonorable POS. he enlisted for no other purpose than to build his resume. And to aid and abet the enemy while in uniform, that just takes the cake.

I'm offended that the democratic party expected me to take him seriously as a candidate.

Tom