Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Robin Williams Peace Plan

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gm4x, Apr 17, 2004.

1. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Received this in an email today.

THE ROBIN WILLIAMS PEACE PLAN

This may very well be the best thought out item we have read since 9/11/01.
    Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan ... what we need
    now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message...

I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for
    peace. So, here's one plan.

1. The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their
    affairs, past &present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,
    Milosovich and the rest of those good ol' boys: We will never "interfere"
    again.

2. We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with
    Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would
    station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.

3. All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave.
    We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be
    gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are.
    France would welcome them.

4. All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days
    unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be
    allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide
    here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab
    drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5. No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't
    attend classes, they get a "D" (for "deport") and it's back home baby.

6. The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise.
    This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will
    require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou
    will have to cope for a while.

7. Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for
    their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go
    somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling
    up the storage sites would be enough.)

8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will
    not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever for seeds, rain, cement
    or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them is stolen or given
    to the Army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9. Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need
    the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a
    good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10. All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way no one can
    call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The language we speak is
    ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE...

Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.
    The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your poor, your tired,
    your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, "You want
    a piece of me?"

If you agree with the above forward it to friends.

Amen Brother.............

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'd be supprised if Robin Williams accually said this he's a flaming liberial. That, and the fact that this is funny. I could be wrong, accually I hope I am. It would be nice if those in Hollywood would push something like this.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

4. bigjbear

I just looked it up Robin Williams only said the last line (about The Statue of Liberty), the rest author unknown.

From snopes.com
    "We don't yet know who is responsible for the piece quoted above, but it definitely wasn't actor-comedian Robin Williams (of Mork & Mindy fame). This item's debut appears to have been a 20 March 2003 posting to the USENET newsgroup alt.motorcycles.harley, and from there it was rapidly disseminated via e-mail and blogs, credited to either "author unknown" or no one at all. The Robin Williams attribution wasn't tacked on until several weeks later, apparently because along the way someone appended a genuine Robin Williams quote to the list as an eleventh item:

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'" - Robin Williams.
    Obviously the Robin Williams attribution for the final item was interpreted as applying to the list as a whole, so now the entire piece is making the rounds as 'the Robin Williams plan.'
    Last updated: 24 May 2003 "

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Part of it may be Dennis Miller because of the caribou line

8. k51989

k51989 Registered Member

hey i wholly agree with most of it but, america is made up of people with different backgrounds, religion, race and so on and so on. most of us here are probably a mixture of european bloodlines so who are we really to say who can be here and who cant? after all the white man came here and took the land from the indians.

im proud to be an american but where do are rights to say whos here start and stop? ya i guess we could say as of this date all illegal aliens must go and only citizens can stay. what if someone did that to one of our forefathers and say booted them back to who knows where? we might not be here right now talking about this.

'just personal feelings and random thoughts'

9. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hey i wholly agree with most of it but, america is made up of people with different backgrounds, religion, race and so on and so on. most of us here are probably a mixture of european bloodlines so who are we really to say who can be here and who cant? after all the white man came here and took the land from the indians.

im proud to be an american but where do are rights to say whos here start and stop? ya i guess we could say as of this date all illegal aliens must go and only citizens can stay. what if someone did that to one of our forefathers and say booted them back to who knows where? we might not be here right now talking about this.

'just personal feelings and random thoughts'

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I disagree with anything you've said (I don't), and everyone has a right to an opinion. Any of you who've read any of my posts (of a personal nature), know I was involved in an auto accident almost 14 months ago. Since that time, I have missed 10 of those 14 months of work, thereby being forced to "close the doors" on my business (one I started in 1987), have my credit ruined, and unable to afford medical treatment. I never was "rich" (and didn't care to be), but I made a decent (and honest) living, was able to take care of my financial responsibilities, and support my hobbies as well.
    What gets me is the fact that I paid taxes for over 30 years, yet the Federal & State government denies me any help, because now I'm unable to work. Instead they stand by while the insurance companies screw me over & ruin my life. Then I watch the "scammers" & illegals get use of my monies, when I can't. I see my tax dollars sent to Iraq (and other countries) when we have so many homeless, unemployed, and starving right here in our own country ( I can drive 10 miles to Anderson & see it). I watch Americans lose jobs everyday, either going overseas, or to illegals who send their (American made) dollars out of this country. I also think it isn't asking too much for people who want to live here to speak our language.
    I just think America should put Americans first, after all we are the ones supporting this country, we're the ones "paying the bill". It's our family & friends who are giving their lives to protect our streets & fight wars. I just don't understand why we chose to step-over our "own", to offer help to others, why not start right here in our own country? How much help could those billions & billions going to Iraq help Americans? How can we tell another country how it should be run, when they can't even run this one?
    I've seen countless stories of how tax dollars are siphoned-off, mis-spent, mis-used, etc. Myself.....I'm sick of it. Regardless of who wrote the origional post I put here, it doesn't sound all that bad to me. I have no problems helping others, as I have done it on a regular basis, either through my business, or personally. I just don't see going 1000 miles away, while my neighbor lays in his yard bleeding to death?

10. k51989

k51989 Registered Member

[darn] dude that sucks. we should take care of our own first. i dont want my tax dollars helping some yahoo over in iraq to buy his new rocket launcher that will be used to shoot at my brother.

just this past week i had $300 taken out of my check for taxes. now that really sucks. if only i had a portion of that money my truck could have new wheels and the lift i want. but instead im footing the bill for mohammed to feed his suicide bomber kids /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    when we have so many homeless, unemployed, and starving right here in our own country ( I can drive 10 miles to Anderson & see it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, if only everyone on these boards knew /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Anderson will be a ghost town in less than 20 years.

12. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    when we have so many homeless, unemployed, and starving right here in our own country ( I can drive 10 miles to Anderson & see it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, if only everyone on these boards knew /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Anderson will be a ghost town in less than 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know you're probably too young to remember Jonathan, but I remember how Anderson used to be a "GM town", now half (or more) of those plants are either gone (torn down) or empty. Nicholson file went out years ago, Anaconda (where my dad worked almost 30 years) closed it's doors one day, and tons of those "mom & pop" shops were put under by the big stores. I've lived here all my life (except for 18 months in Ohio), and have seen alot of changes, sadly not for the better. I'm sure these things aren't limited to Anderson, it's happening all over the US. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. bigjbear

All over is right. I grew up in Cleveland, OH. Probably second to Pitt in steel mills. One of the anual freshman English assignments was "How does your fathers job interface w/ the steel industry." They stopped doing it when I was in grade school because too many of them said "My dad is layed off at Republic (or GM, or US Steel, or Ford, or (later) LTV...

14. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I got to witness Anderson's dying days as a "GM town." I still remember when you were not allowed to drive non-GM cars if you worked at Guide or Delco, and seeing a non-GM car around town was a rare occasion. Now, you see Fords, Dodges, Hondas, everything parked in front of the few remaining plants. Both of my parents work at Guide, my Mom works at the new office by you and my Dad is one of the few left in Anderson. Amazingly, they are still hiring new employees, but their job security is at an extreme minimum. It is hard to think of more than 5 people I know who didn't work at Guide or Delco or have at least one parent or grandparent who did.

15. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

GM4x has some good points and really hit the nail on the head.

The illegal issue needs to be addressed though...look at the state of california and all there financial woes...largely caused by illegals who tap the system...but do not pay into the system...this country needs to get tough with the borders and make some changes....the days of the exploring the grerat american west and free land is over...we need to enact laws to handle these issues to better manage our resources...and give all those billions to americans who really do need our help...not the ones who pop out 5 kids and expect all of us to pay there way...but the honest americans who have made responsible choices all there lives...and have a turn of bad luck...

I guess we need a president with nutz....this is the way its gonna be ...if you don't like it leave. Simple.

DW