Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Rumour Mill Is Back Churning

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ah Jesus, after all the crap I went through in high school with my apparent antichrist baby killing nun raping behavior :rolleyes: It's starting again.

I stayed at home as my friends drifted away after I graduated, I kind of stayed under the radar. Lo dee dog, played a lot of FF.

Now, two years later when I am getting a new and actaully better set of friends when I myself have matured into a better person, it's starting again.

WHERE'S MY CHAINSAW? I NEED TO ANALY RAPE KIDS WITH CANCER WITH IT!

So, I have about half the people who care against me and the other half not doing anything or actually correcting the rumours.

So, my question is, what is the best way to correct people's perceptions? I'm, like, the best guy ever! But today, I hear I need to be avoided and I smoke pot in graveyards and the cops are after me and blah and blah.

I'm just trying to help and be a good friend, the art is creeping into the life, and even THAT is being falsified.

Ratch and Can Can have read on letter I wrote, I'll try and edit it into a mission statement later.....

So, go to the papers? The cops? (Cops love me) Door to door? Set up a meeting?

Poor poor misguided people...

Poopy...

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

talk to those who matter and try to not be totally defending yourself. Just ask what they've heard and try to clear **** up. If they really matter they will listen and understand. I say don't defend yourself heavily because people always think someone who vehemently denies things is a liar.

I never cared about the rumor mills because the ones who cared and mattered always came to me for the truth when they heard such things so who cared. If people aren't doing that, maybe its time to question how good they really are? Its not others places to walk around defending and sticking their necks out to quash simple rumors they know aren't true.

I did the samething, drifted from my high school "friends" and just recently started making new ones and regaining some old ones. Rumors happen, we are young yet and most our age are still very immature. Its the way of things. Sit back with those who matter and ride it out until either others wise up or go away. Thats what I say anyway.... ahhh rhymes...

3. RustyParts

RustyParts 1/2 ton status

You need a new board of directors man. Hang around people you want to be alike. They'll rub off on ya.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I like beer!

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd ignore them and carry on being who you really are without the drama club...

Those spreading the rumors are well beneath you, and those that believe them without checking the source personally are in the same 'club'. I tried never to 'judge' others by what I'd heard about them when I was younger, and got to know quite a few people for who they really were because of it.

Reen

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

piss on e'm. be yourself and those who like will still like you.all the rest will go away and it won't matter anyway.:D i've had "friends" that seemed like a lifetime thing. and i haven't heard from them in 16 years.but i have friends that i trust my family and my life with.i'm 40 and have had time to weed them out.:laugh: :laugh:

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

set up a town hall meeting

8. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Never cared about what the so-called 'popular crowd' thought of me in high school, and I still don't give a damn about what the same crowd thinks of me today. Waste of effort to deal with those kinds of people.

9. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Dude! don't let these asswipes that live in the rumor cess pool drag you down. Give them no heed and carry on! those that really matter will not believe all the crap and any one who does listen is obviously lookin for trouble. Fock em all! just be you.

10. Resurrection_Joe

NOTICE: YOU ARE ALL MISINTERPRETING THE PROBLEM

My friends are true, it's some of thier parents and some other people in town (read: older people) that are getting so many damn rumours started that I'm a bad influence now... or something.

There are a few that know me, they are the only thing holding back total destruction

All the kids love me, except the ones I kicked out of my group of friends because they're being absolute degenerates

I am a totally awesome guy, I can say that, because, uhmmm.. I am. I rock.

Some people don't want to take the time to know me

11. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

You didn't say that originally, let the bodies fall where they may carry on and forget the loosers!

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Sometimes I promote rumors about myself and friends (when consented or asked for help in said rumoring) for the entertainment. Some think I'm dating my friend's girlfriend (also close friend) while he's living out of town. Gotta love it.

Anywho, people seem to suck their balls into their bellies when confronted about rumors. I think that's your best bet.

13. Resurrection_Joe

Ok, I'mma go confront about 700 people tomorrow...

Hey, maybe I'll go to church!

14. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

What's wrong with smoking pot in graveyards?

15. Resurrection_Joe

Wel, I wouldn't neccesarily say anything besides legality, but I'm just not into that, and it does carry a bit of bad conotations