Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The search (Ragdoll Kitten) Update, found one. (PIC of Delgato)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 27, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For a Ragdoll kitten is on. No breeders in my area, and I really don't like the idea of shipping a $600.00+ kitten. I might have found a breeder in Mt. that I'll buy from, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. My mother really wants a seal point Ragdoll kitten, so I'll make it happen !!! [​IMG] [ QUOTE ]
    Like a plush cat come to life, the Ragdoll is known for it total relaxation skills. The Ragdoll is originally from California in the 1960's. Many feel because of the Ragdolls ability to relax completely and that it allows itself to be handled without complaint signifies that he feels no pain. There is no basis for this belief but it may have caused the controversy which surrounds this cat.

The Ragdoll is a large sized cat that is muscular and long. It has a huge chest and shoulder area. The eyes are a very vivid blue. The legs on the Ragdoll are medium to medium long and back legs are longer than thefront. The coat is medium long tolong inlength and the fur is silky. Even though the coat is non matting the Ragdoll needs to be groomed daily with awide toothed comb. This will prevent tangles and remove dead hair that can cause hairballs. A gentle brushing with a long bristled brush is recommended also.

The Ragdoll has a bi-color pattern, colorpoint cat in lilac, blue, chocolate and seal point. The three patterns seen are colorpoint, mitted and bicolor. As with all colorpoint cats, this coat takes about two years to really develop.

The Ragdoll is a loving cat who is gentle and smart. They will usually become very attached to their owner.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
    Here he is

[/ QUOTE ] [​IMG]

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: The search

<font color="green"> $600 for a cat? Damn, I'd have a hard time paying that for a dog, but at least a dog would act like he appreciated it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font>

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm not overly thrilled about the price either, but thats what they go for, and mom wants one.

4. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

... and if momma ain't happy, nobodys happy.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: The search (Ragdoll Kitten)

Six hundred fawking dollars for a fawking worthless cat??????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Y'all must be a bunch of democrats /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Cats aren't worthless to everyone. I like them. I do think a price of $600.00 on up for a cat is steep, but thats what Ragdoll kittens go for. You must be a Rush Limbaugh wantabe. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I dont like cats and cant imagine paying $600 for one, but its really cool you would do that for your mom! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, the search is on for one alittle closer, and hopefully alittle cheaper. It's for a pet, so it doesn't need to be papered. $600.00+ is for a ACFA registered Ragdoll kitten.

9. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Try this link. It will let you search for a Ragdoll kitten by state. There are no breeders in SD though.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thanks for the link, I've been to that site quite a few times.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Cats aren't worthless to everyone. I like them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. They are very valuable for some people. They keep my dawg's predatory training up to date /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ended up finding a Breeder in Mt. that sells the Ragdoll Kittens for $400.00 . Already put a $50.00 deposit down on one. This is Delgato. He is 5 weeks old. [​IMG] Mom wanted one marked like a Siamese. Think she'll be happy with this little guy ??? I'll be going to get him in about 7 weeks. This breeder doesn't let them go till they're 12 weeks old.

13. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Why buy a cat from a breeder when there are so many that need homes as it is? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Same reson my wife just dropped 400 for a dobey instead of a good mutt from the pound and boy am I happy about it, the dobey is by far the dumbest animal I have ever met... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

that's a badass cat, Paul, I'm sure yer momma will like it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And if she doesn't, send it my way, we could use a second cat in the house /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Why buy a cat from a breeder when there are so many that need homes as it is? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]It's all about having that piece of paper that means apsolutly nothing in the real world. No, my MOM wanted a full blood ragdoll kitten with Siamese markings.