Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the sickest explorer known to man

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bUrLyBlAzEr89, Aug 3, 2002.

1. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Take it to a Furd site, this CK5! Furds SUCK!
    HAVE YOU DRIVEN OVER A FORD LATELY! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

wHats UP WiTh YOuR KeYbOArd?

j/k /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That's pretty slick truck from and engineering standpoint. There is a guy over at PBB with one I like better though. Guy has put a ton of work into it and lost the radius arms went full 4 link on the front. This site is not up to date either. I have seen more recent pictures of it. It's even more impresive now. It's one of the most modified I have ever seen and regardless of brand it's. For a vehicle still running a stock body and frame it's darn impresive.
    http://www.explorer4x4.com/tech_transform.html

[​IMG]

5. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

Grim-

I have wheeling the the man driving the Pumpkin ( Rick Horwitz) he has been in Offroad mag, and a few others. If you saw Rick, you would never ever guess he drives that :-).

I also own an Explorer and wheel the piss out of it. It is my DD so i am careful not to break things. Anyway Ricks rig is awesome. Last i saw he was going all coil over..

6. Grim-Reaper

Yeah I have seen a picture of him a PBB. I was pretty sure I have seen a picture of it with coil overs on the front. There was a shot with a front wheel picked up with a fork lift over on PBB and the front axle was about 45 degrees to the frame and the tire on the ground was rolled over on the sidewall. Understand when I say 45 to the frame the truck was leaning over so the axle was probably 65 degrees to the ground! I would guess the tire off the ground was about 4.5ft up with the other three still touching pavement. Looks like he lengthend the control arms a good bit over the pictures on the above site. It's a killer ride for a mall runner. there are a very few trucks on CK5 that compair to it engineering wise. Maybe 3-4 approaching the wheel travel that thing has.
    I heard he flopped it and bashed up one side pretty good in the last few months.

7. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

grim do you think it would be worth investing on buying a camburg lift or no?

8. Grim-Reaper

I don't know anthing about that particular lift. I'm not much up on Ford stuff other than the Fulls Size Bronco's through 79. I would go over to the PBB www.pirate4x4.com/forum And check the ford section. the guy that owns the Pumpkin goes by the nick "Explorer" and Paul Gagon (sp) would be some of the folks I would talk to.
    FAIR WARNNING ABOUT PBB. they haze Newbies. Do a search before you ask stuff because they have covered it all. Proably find some opinions on that lift already posted. That said PBB is an excelent site to see really hard core custom one off rigs. They above all lean towards Toyota and the Chevy Section blows but get over the brands because a lot of the tricks you can pick up there work on any brand. The people that hang there are the people you see in the mags every month.