Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Sounds of Silence

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by AgDieseler, Jan 18, 2005.

1. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

UPS delivered something that should make long trips in the suburban a little more enjoyable. The new intake lets a few more engine rumbles in, and can drone at highway speeds.

Extreme with the heat barrier was priced the same as original, so why not? 36 square feet should be enough for at least the front area and a little bit of the middle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd be pretty interested in your subjective opinion before and after the Dynomat. Keep us posted.

Rene

3. woods

woods Registered Member

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109696

I'm kinda of leaning towards trying this out this spring, I need to pull up all my carpet and see what's underneath!!!!The front seats flex like 3/4 of an inch, but from the underneath there doesn't appear to be alot of rusting and if ya jab it with a pike it's hard.

4. AgDieseler

Installed it last night. 36 sq ft was enough for the front section with a double later in the footwells. Apparently, suburbans have a lot of floor space. Road noise is somewhat reduced, but it's not dramatic. I'll probably save a little, then buy some more, and put another batch on places like the inner doors, headliner, etc. We'll see then.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[off-topic]

Hey! You've got the same iPod charger/FM-modulator deal I've got (the one from DLO). How's it working out for you in the 'Burb?

[/off-topic]

6. AgDieseler

Quite well, in fact! I haven't burned a mix CD since I got it, and it's just the ticket for the highway when going to/from offroad events.