Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The State Of Texas.........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wasted wages, Jun 19, 2004.

1. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Has just certified that my truck will do 75 mph.

african american motorcycle cop (aamc)....so how fast do you think you were going?

Me...55-60? (it is a 55mph zone)

aamc...hell I was going 90 just to catch up to you. I clocked you at 75.

Me..no way,

aamc...you don't really know how fast you were going do you?

Me...It was'nt 75.

aamc...tell it to the judge.I heard a loud sound and said "where is that coming from",,,Then I saw that big air cleaner sticking thru the hood. You must have been doing something wrong cause when I turned on my lights to pull you over the lady in the suburban next to you gave me a thumbs up,,and she's a common citizen.

Me...so what does that make me? ,,,and why didn't you pull her over if she was beside me ?

aamc...cause you was the one makin all the noise and speedin,,

No bias here HUH??????
    then he asks me after he writes the ticket,,,,, "will it run"??

What an asswipe,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well you deserved what you got! You kids with your big dangerous trucks! They should be outlawed! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Another case of pulling one of us over because our trucks are fairly noisy. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Stupid cop, he should be out trying to catch up with some speeding nipper car or trying to find my dad's stolen suburban. Those guys actually do speed. I say fight it, he was a total ass to you and he said a few things he shouldn't have had. Did he get you on radar or his speedo? I got pulled over one time and he accused me of doing at least 45 in a 25 residential. I was probably going 30-35. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif went to court and beat his sorry ass because he didn't get me on radar or his speedo(plus I confused him /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And what does the cop being black have to do with all of this?

4. wasted wages

Not a thing,,,,Just stating the facts,,,,,,,,

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

He could have been 2 miles behind you and had to do 150 to catch you, does that mean you were doing 100? how did he clock you? Fight it, see what he does in court, I wish I fought every ticket I got maybe I wouldn't be paying $350 a month for insurance. I know my old k5 was capable of 100+ but it was stupid of me to ever do. Last cop that pulled me over in my old K5 loved it, he heard me coming, when I spotted him I braked and since the front suspension was REALLY soft it just nose dived so he knew I braked. He let me go even after he got be doing something like 45 in a 35 after I braked hard. Of course the truck didn't want to restart for me so I had to jump out with a 9/16" wrench and adjust the timing to get her to fire up for me.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Not a thing,,,,Just stating the facts,,,,,,,,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let's take a look at this. Was there any reason in the whole wide world you felt it was necessary that you had to mention the cop's ethnic ancestory? Most conversational deficit folks tend to throw something out as to take the focus away from the meat of the subject and get that focus redirected at something that doesn't really pertain.

In this instance, you mentioned the cop was black. Now was this because of your own failings in disobeying the speed limit? Or was it because you felt like he was picking on your because you are of a different skin color and he was trying to make up for 300 years of oppression by the white man? Or was it just because you were on the way home from your weekly hood and robe fest?

Now let's look at something a little more pertinent. I don't know how tickets down in Texas are, but most places I have been and the tickets I write, there is boxes for the officer to check that tells the person and the court exactly how you were caught speeding. It will have something like Radar and Pace and usually one of those boxes are marked.

Now as to your interaction with the officer, I'd say you were exhibiting a negative attitude towards him and you rightly received a form of negative feedback from him.

Really now, just where the [darn] do you get off by asking him why he didn't pull over the lady in the Sub?

In the end, you were stupid, you got caught and let your mouth do the ticket writing for you.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    aamc...tell it to the judge.I heard a loud sound and said "where is that coming from",,,Then I saw that big air cleaner sticking thru the hood. You must have been doing something wrong cause when I turned on my lights to pull you over the lady in the suburban next to you gave me a thumbs up,,and she's a common citizen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you say if someone uttered those words to you you wouldn't be livid? I mean come on, he saw your big truck with an aircleaner through the hood, it was loud(he didn't ticket for noise disturbance so obviouslly its not TOO loud), and some random bitch gave him a thumbs up so automatically he was doing something wrong?? Sorry but in my experience with the public on a whole people are stupid and if its loud or different than stock they go into stereotype mod on it. ANd I must admit when I read it the first time I wondered why he had to mention that the cop was black too.

8. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    In the end, you were stupid, you got caught and let your mouth do the ticket writing for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Read his post again, the officer was the one to start any negative comments. I have gotten the same crap too, your the nicest guy to them and they are still a dick face to you. Some cops are nice and polite but in my experience most of them take the attitude that you are some kid out looking for trouble in our big dangerous trucks and are always guilty.

Wasted Wages:
    In case you don't know BRB is our local popo, that is why he said what he did.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    african american motorcycle cop

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think motorcycle cop would be suficient. There are Members here on CK5 that are of African American ancestry to bad they have to read crap like this.

10. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The State Of California.........

I had a California Highway Patrolman (CHP), in a Mustang, rear end me one time trying to visually clock me for speeding. I had this 1969 Plymouth GTX with a 440 six-pack, and I was out breaking in a fresh engine when I stomped on the loud peddle to get it up to speed, in order to merge onto the Interstate.

He was sitting right at the end of the onramp waiting for speeders to come down the Interstate, when I came blowing by him. Since my GTX was capable of going from a rolling 25 MPH to 55 MPH in about 1 second, it gave the officer the impression that I was speeding.

When I blew by him, he accelerated his Mustang too much to stop before he smashed into my rear bumper. He was really embarrassed, and tried to take it out on me. He was screaming his head off at me, and one of his fellow officers had to hold him back because he wanted to punch me.

I got a speeding ticket for doing 65 in a 55. This was back in the days of a federally mandated 55 MPH Interstate speed limit. I plead not guilty during my initial court appearance, and explained what had happened to the judge. When I gave the judge a copy of the police report, it stated that when the officer had hit me his speedometer stuck at 50 MPH, which was the estimated speed of contact between me and the officer when he rear ended me. The judge dismissed the case "with out prejudice", so that if the CHP wanted to pursue charges at a later date they could, but I never heard anything about it after that.

Note: The CHP ended up paying me $2600 to settle the case.

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Re: The State Of California.........

[ QUOTE ]
    I got a speeding ticket for doing 65 in a 55 (this was back in the days of a federally mandated 55 MPH Interstate speed limit "Thanks to President Nancy Reagan").

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey Einstin get Your facts strait. The federally mandated 55 mph speed limit went into effect back in the 70's during the Arab oil embargo. Reagan didn't take office untill 1-30-81. So WTF does Nancy have to do with it?
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. 1-ton

Oooops! I corrected the post. That remark " Thanks to President Nancy Reagan" was accidentally copied and pasted into my post by accident from something else I had been typing.

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

How in the world does someone accidentally copy and paste /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. 1-ton

Don't you use Microsoft "Word" to type your posts, so that you can use its spell check, copy, and paste features?

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Nope. Im just that good /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Nope. Im just that good

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hey Einstin

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifJ/K /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Couldn't resist.

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Read his post again, the officer was the one to start any negative comments. I have gotten the same crap too, your the nicest guy to them and they are still a dick face to you. Some cops are nice and polite but in my experience most of them take the attitude that you are some kid out looking for trouble in our big dangerous trucks and are always guilty.

Wasted Wages:
    In case you don't know BRB is our local popo, that is why he said what he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cop may have been a dick to him, but that's our job. The citizen just needs to sit in their car, be polite and take their medicine like everyone else.

Now normally a bunch of smilies would appear here to signify that the preceding remarks were in jest, but since some people just need to lighten the [darn] up and realize they bring the whine better than an infant, I'll just let this thing go whereever it may and see where it ends up at the end of the week. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

Old boss used to have an analogy, "the only difference between the police and criminals is one has a badge and an attitude..."

I used to do towing for triple A (this is about 15 years ago). I would say out of 100 cops, 5% would act like normal human beings, the others were just d*cks (this observation came from police dealing with other's, not myself)

I will say one thing, the attitude of police 20 years ago is a LOT different than it is now. Used to be they were enforcing the law, now a lot of them think they ARE the law. Good point is that they now refer to the general public as "civilians". Did I miss something or did someone sneak in and militarize the police? Did they suddenly join a higher social order above that of the general public?

Talk to 100 cops today in a non-confrontational environment and the attitude is overwhelming. Joining the Police has become less an act of enforcing laws and SERVING the public. Now it has morphed into more of a place for those seeking an artificial power trip.

Don't take this the wrong way, I know a few cops that are great guys and dang fine cops. BUT that sadly has become the exception rather than the norm.

Back in the days when I was driving a tow truck, I spent two hours laying on the ground behind my tow-truck. Stupid rookie cop was watching me hook up a car from an accident scene, saw a handgun peeking out from underneath the seat in the truck. He decided it was easier to tackle me into the ground from behind (mashing my face into the chains on the sling). Laid their for two hours! Everytime I opened my mouth I got "shut up". His supervisor showed up, asked the rookie cop If I had a permit (which I did). Rookie stated he never asked. Supervisor repeated the question to me, took my wallet off the hood, looked at the permit and let me go. Rookie never apologized. I got to spend the next couple weeks with scrapes all over the side of my face and black and blue marks.

19. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    Old boss used to have an analogy, "the only difference between the police and criminals is one has a badge and an attitude..."

[/ QUOTE ] exactly. I have both a CHP officer and a retired cop in my family and they thought they were badass when they strapped on their gun and badge. It goes strait to their head most of the time. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

20. wasted wages

[ QUOTE ]
    let your mouth do the ticket writing for you

[/ QUOTE ]
    He was already writing the ticket when I got out of the truck,I had not said one word yet,,,,
    [ QUOTE ]
    Or was it just because you were on the way home from your weekly hood and robe fest?

[/ QUOTE ] I was on the way home from Walmart with some groceries,,,,,
    [ QUOTE ]
    Or was it because you felt like he was picking on your because you are of a different skin color and he was trying to make up for 300 years of oppression by the white man?

[/ QUOTE ] Do you know for a fact my skin color?

You think just like a cop,,,,,I am innocent untill proven guilty dude and right now it's my word against his,,,,,
    Oh wait a minute,,,I'm not a common citizen in his eyes,,,,