Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The stockpiling continues

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tRustyK5, Jun 23, 2006.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Got some more goodies today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One had zero miles, two have maybe 1000 miles on em but are in good shape and the fourth has a little curb rash. Got em for $65 US each at the dealership. We had the Montana of doom in for some warranty work so I asked if they had any H2 rims. Turns out they had 80 sitting there. The 'new' ones usually go for over $100, the ones with some miles on em are $65. He could only find three that had miles on em but gave me the fourth for the same price.

My wife was a little annoyed with me...:doah:

These will get some 37 x 12.5" bfg AT's for street use only. I'll finally be able to 'save' my TSL's for what they're meant for...plus get a smoother and quieter ride for DD duty.

Rene

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Yummy! Tell Deb I'll take them off your hands, you bad, bad, husband.:shame:

3. tRustyK5

:haha: :haha:

Check your local dealership Pam, you live in the bling capital of the planet so they must be swimming in H2 rims there. :waytogo:

Rene

4. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No kidding man, hummers of all kind (H3's H2's and "real" hummer H1's) are replacing the suburban and tahoe for the family vehicle around here, no joke.

Nice find.

-Avery

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

off topic but if i could get some 35x12.50x17 bfg ats on 17" aftermarket rims would 500 be to much these days? tires like new and rims so so. good bead blast and paint would def make better rims. 8 lug off h2 that went to stock but chrome rims.

6. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Hey, we resemble that remark!

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

you are collecting some nice parts amigo!

Someday (prolly next spring at the rate I'm going!) we need to meet somewhere and wheel. Naches, WA? :thumb:

j

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a couple of sets of those. They are great for the $$

9. tRustyK5

For a set of four that sounds like a decent deal. Tires in the 17" flavor are spendier than the 15" and 16" ones still (although it's getting better)

Sounds like the rims are pretty much free, so if you can clean em up you'd be set IMO.

Rene

10. tRustyK5

That'd be cool Jason! How about EJS though? :D

rene

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Nice score Rene. Arround here its hard to find H2 takeoffs, at least for a reasonable price. The stealerships seem to think that they are worth their weight in gold when they do get a set.

12. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I see I'm not the only one who's keeping the vendors happy these days. :thumb: I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel .. not too much more to get. :D

13. jekbrown

I dunno... it does have the word j**p in the name. :wink1: I've never been there, but with 89723489237892374923789472347234 rigs being there on the same weekend, it seems like it would involve lots of waiting to run trails (lines?) and standing around looking at trucks and not enough driving. I don't get to wheel much... when I do I like about a 10:1 ratio of wheelin' (actually driving!) to other poop. :thumb: I guess if some ck5'ers were gonna be there though, it'd all be worth it. :thumb:

j

14. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

let's see a pic of the rest of that store room. :) looks like a giant christmas present unable to be hidden under a tree. :D now if you only didn't have to climb a tree to get up there . . .

15. tRustyK5

The doubler stuff is in that mess, as well as some Hummer H1 headers for the 6.2, a set of 6" Alcan springs, a York compressor and another rim (15 x 10 8 lug steel) as well as various knick knack parts like the hydro clutch pedall assembly. Also have a bunch of 6.2 extra parts in another room...they're too oily to keep in the house according to my wife. :laugh:

I'm also seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Need to send a few more bucks to NWF so I can finally get my 205 and triple stick shifters. Some BBCS 15" shocks and some drivelines and I'm about there.

Prolly get the 37" AT's in September.

Rene

16. jekbrown

$65 each for them Hummer rimz eh? They forged? That'd be a good deal on new cast 17" rims. what kinda BSing to they have? Only downside I can see just lookin' at them is that the valve stem seems to be in a vulnerable position. Do the centers have to be machined? Seems like they said something about that on the Ultimate Adventure K10 in Petersens...

j

17. 85-m1028

85-m1028 1/2 ton status

What kind of exhuast set up are you planning?? I am looking to do hmmwv exhaust headers as well, but I'm not sure about how to run it (3" dauls with a balance pipe) (crossover with a single outlet like the hmmwv itself) and what kind of mufflers??

18. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I *thought* that was only with the Dodge axles. But my memory isn't the best anymore. :doah:

19. tRustyK5

For the same money I can't even buy new steel rims here...so for near new cast aluminum rims I felt it was a good deal. They're 17 x 8.5", 5.5" backspace, and the center hole is 4.5". A quick check outside and it looks like they'll squeeze over the D60 hubs OK, but might be tight on the 14 bolt hub. The hub itself is 4.5" :eek1: but there looks to be a small lip at the mount surface that is a bit bigger. If they need hogging then so be it. These are for street tires so I could care less about valve stem placement...

I already have wheeling rims and tires.

Rene

20. tRustyK5

Prolly run dual 2.5" if i can squeeze a pipe by the T-case on the passenger side. Muffler undecided so far, might go with slowmasters in a 3 chamber flavor. I like the sound of em. I don't see a need for a balance tube let alone have any practical place to put it.

Rene