Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the story of the stolen RX7 (true)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Redfrog, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

this is truely unbelievable
    Stolen RX7

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Unreal! So whats the VIN on your truck Russ? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what a fawking dumb a$$ lmao!!!!!!! glad he got it back /forums/images/icons/grin.gif man id hate to see that happen here with our group of people that dumb a$$ would be dead /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

What a dumbass usually when I still a truck I dont seellthe parts on the net! I mean come on.

haha just JOKING DONT CALL THE COPS ON ME!

5. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

WOW! Does this ever bring back some anger !! Glad to see this turned out better than my story. Also glad to know there are other car groups that keep and eye out for each other too. Friggin bastard! God id like to kick the crap outta some car thieves right now..... any of them !!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hmmm... I have theft on my K5!!

That really sucks, pretty rotten of a fellow enthusiast to pollute a forum like that. Anyone remember that thread about theft deterrents on thier trucks a while back? All I'll say is fuel cutoff and more!

7. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

LMAO the VIN# is OU812 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Van Halen special edition huh... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Rene

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

It won't work for me. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif What's the scoop on this story...just a brief rundown.

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">Bad hip and all ! </font color>

11. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

copy and pasted from the link

Well...after 10 days Ryan's car was recovered. I guess I might as well tell the whole story up to last night. And yes, as always, I have pics

Shortly after Ryan's car was stolen he sent me a PM expressing his concern about another forum member, and the possibility of thier involvement with the theft. This person, which Ryan and I (and alot of you) considered to be a friend, had asked Ryan several suspicious questions about his car prior to the theft. He had asked Ryan for the VIN number, stating that he was just messing around on carfax and wanted to see the history. In another conversation, he asked Ryan if he ever drove his car to work, as well as asking him for directions to Ryan's house (we we're planning on going up to visit Ryan later that week).

Obviously nobody should be asking another person for their VIN number, and that combined with the other questions raised considerable suspicion. Another key point is I knew this person had a 'hookup' at his local Mazda dealer, meaning he could get a key cut, using Ryan's VIN, without raising any suspicion. But, this guy was Ryan's friend...and nobody wants to think a friend could do such a thing.

Right after the theft we all started looking in the obvious places...the internet. Ryan has over $25,000 in receipts for his car, and a thief could make a KILLING selling these parts to fellow FD entusiasts. We kept our eyes peeled on the parts for sale sections...and found this thread...

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showth...&amp;threadid=89410

Hmmm..car got totalled...parts for sale...just so happens that his mods match Ryan's EXACTLY? To top it off, our suspect made his first real slip up...an interested buyer asks rx72fast where he is located. For some reason rx7kelvin replies Vancouver. Then rx7kelvin explains, oh...sorry guys, wrong thread. Okay, maybe...but why would rx7kelvin reply 'Vancouver' in ANY thread when he lives in Eatonville?

Next slip up. rx7kelvin is selling stuff too...

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showth...&amp;threadid=92484

Now this is legit. Kelvin does have an FD with Veilside front and sides. Again, an interested buyer asks where he is located...and for some reason rx72fast replies Puyallup (just north of Eatonville). Oooooops. I thought rx72fast lived in Vancouver? And, of course...he gets called on it by someone who finally noticed it, Greg (Ryan and I noticed it immediately...but didn't want to 'spook' Kelvin).

And finally...the worst slip up of all. rx72fast is gonna need a website to push all these parts he has for sale...right? Of course, complete with pics!

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showth...&amp;threadid=92795

Now...let's take a good look at one of the pics on his website...complete with my explanatory commentary.

Wow. We got a bright one on our hands.

So, it was done. We knew who did it. What to do? Call the COPS, of course. So Ryan called the COPS, and guess what? Well, let's just say I am a better cop than those Coupeville pricks. They said "Get some good evidence then maybe we can do something". That's just GREAT!

So, with my badazz ARMY combat field training skillz :flexmuscles: I decide to do a little RECON mission down in Eatonville...equipped with my handy dandy digicam. They want proof, I'll give them proof...

Those are the 50% versions. If you want the full 2.2 MB for a wall poster...they are yours for $5. Just kidding.

So now we have proof. My brother and I went to the nearest gas station and called the cops. Surprisingly, they showed up fairly quickly, and were very helpful. They explained that they may need to get a warrant to recover the vehicle. They went to Kelvin's house while we filled out our official statements. Bout an hour later they came back. They had arrived at the same time as Kelvin's stepdad, who gave them consent to search the place. The car was recovered, with most of the parts. I can't be positive, but I would guess 95% of the parts were recovered in good condition.

Ryan met up with us at the gas station after the car was recovered (he was working down in Centralia...so he couldn't join me in my field training exercise ). Needless to say he was happy that the car was recovered...

I'll let him put in his .02

I'm still pretty shocked though...shocked that Kelvin was so STUPID in his dealings, but most of all that a fellow RX7 lover could do this to one of his own...

Just goes to show...you never know

sorry, I did not do the pics