Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the sub might be comin to fenix!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by muddysub, Jul 25, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ok as u have probably seen im thinkin about swappin engines so i can bring the sub here. im hatin this 2wd thing, id be so much happier if i had the suburban here. but theres one more problem, its 2wd right now! i need 4.10s in the front and the front shaft is all seized up, it wont extend or contract at all. and it needs to be lengthened. im thinkin im jus gonna remove the hill4wd shackles and sell em for a set of ORDs, theyve messed up my front end cuz theyre so long. or i could jus shim it a little. but i need to kno how much will i pay for a set of 4.10s for my front end? i cant afford to do anything more to it, so im jus gonna make it a 4x4 again. and how much would i pay to have the front shaft done here in phx?

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Scott,

I have a contact here in town over at a local driveshat spot, probably around 200 to 250 to get it replaced, but we might be able to save it, bring it to the river trip and we can look at it if you have it with you. We will find a shaft somewhere, as for the 4:10's talk with LaBarge on the board, he's a friend and can hook u up....

Rob

3. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I just paid 95.00 to have a shaft leanthened and rebalanced, Brian over at arizona driveline has made many people on here happy and he could help you out, he's a really cool gut and even has been wheelin with Marve and Rob if I am correct, here is their # 602-253-8006

Also if you want to save money pm desertdueler to set up your axel, he knows what he's doing, he also set up hossbaby50's axel over a year ago. Go to 4wheel parts for your gears, just make shure they give you the right ones.
    they are on Country club & Broadway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

For the front drive shaft I just cut it, sleeved it with some DOM and welded it back together. I see no reason to balance it b/c I don't plan on going over 30-40 mph in 4x4 and the one or 2 times I ever do I don't think I'd care if it's vibrates a little. Total cost was $10 for the 1.75x.188 DOM. I could help if you wanted to go this route.

Mike

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the sub might be comin to fenix!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell.... I thought it was already here! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What's it got a 10b up front? I've got a spare 10b front in the backyard... but I don't know what gears are in it..?!? Actually, it belongs to DJ... , but just like Rob's green pickup, after so long, I get to piece it out and sell it! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Marv

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

just weondering when this is gonna be here, you are around some of the best wheeling and your not..wheeling? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif