Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the suck-ass cop resigned today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Aug 8, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

yea, the b!tch cop over at the beach resigned today. he seemed to have a fetish for harassing local surfers. you see, we have a no-surf zone for 500 ft on either side of our fishing pier. however, the town has problems with measuring, as the boundary markers are close to 750ft away from the pier (we measured). /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif we get $125 tickets if the cops decide to be a pain in the ass and enforce the ordinance. only this one cop seemed to see it as necessary (i think that makes one person on the entire island...) and he has been hounding us constantly for the past month.

anyway, the other day, one of my friends, who's been a local surfer for the past 20 years, was on the beach and he walked up to this cop, who is the senior beach patrol officer, and asked him, "whats happening?"

this cop, said, "just enforcing the no-surf ordinance," with a serious attitude problem (this cop has been quoted as saying "if i ever caught my son on a surfboard, i'd take a broomstick to him!"). not three feet away, my friend saw a tourist drinking on the beach, which is also illegal. my friend, mike, said something to the cop, like "well are you gonna enforce the no drinking law?"

...to which this cop replied "i'll enforce whatever the [insert f-bomb] i want to!" mike walked off, and the cop followed him and began pushing him and callin him a pussy and things of that nature.

well, mike kept his cool, called 911 as this was happening, and the dispatcher heard every word the cop said, including his name and rank. the rest of the ocean isle PD came out and arrested this ...dumbass, sorry excuse for a police officer.

the cop was forced to give a public apology, resign, or be fired. he chose to resign.

anyway, hopefully now that this [darn] is gone, us surfers will be able to get along with the rest of the ocean isle PD. after talking to the chief, mike was told that as long as none of the pier fisherman complain and as long as us surfers dont mess with the fishermen, then we can surf as close to the pier as we want. :thumbsup:

anyway, im just glad that everyone can be laid back again. hell, the cops know me as a local surfer, and they tipped me $10 for ringing up their lunch today (at a 45% discount, of course). the island has seemed much more relaxed since that cop quit. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

before you guys get all bent and say that the surfing ban IS a law and we shouldnt have been breaking it, everyone (including the owner of the pier, who i have discussed this with) thinks the ban is unnecessary. EXCEPT for this cop. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

oh yea, ironically, mike plans on applying for a job as an ocean isle beach police officer. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's really sad when one officer has a personal problem with something like surfing. Most cops are pretty cool, but every now and then you get one who lets the badge go to his/her head and think they're better then everyone else, or that everyone but cops are scum. I've seen a few with personal issues with skate boarders. So same thing I guess.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    well, mike kept his cool, called 911 as this was happening, and the dispatcher heard every word the cop said, including his name and rank. the rest of the ocean isle PD came out and arrested this ...dumbass, sorry excuse for a police officer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That cop got what he deserved. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    mike plans on applying for a job as an ocean isle beach police officer.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I am glad to hear that cop got what he had coming to him. Someone was bound to find out sooner or later how big of an idiot that he is. Yeah, I have had a few runins with cops that are total pricks when it comes to the smallest stuff, but then the ones you do meet that are really down to earth make you forget about the others. Shoot, I have a few cop buddies that I hang out with, didnt even know they were cops til I ran into one of them.(at gas station)

Remington

6. thezentree

in one of my most genious moves ever, i just spastically and unintentionally did a "select all" then hit delete. wow, i suck /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

anyway, yea, i didnt say anything about the other cop that was involved just because i didnt think it was pertinent. this second cop, officer king, was behind the first cop the other day and was talking trash. he publicly apologized. no hard feelings, right?

wrong.

this cop now has something to prove. he was on the beach all day today enforcing the no-surf ordinance. dont mind the fact that several boats came within the break today, which is not only illegal, but very very dangerous to swimmers./forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

king called my friend brian out of the water and told him to sit out of the water until his mommy came and got him. brian asked how far the no surf zone extended, and this assh0le told him 1500ft. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

so great, now we have police officers not only lying to people, but also trying to incorrectly (if not illegally) detaining people? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

brian told him that he would go 2500ft down the beach and go back in the water, and that he had no right to tell him to sit out, and walked back in the water. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

this crap has got to stop. the local police force is now out to get surfing. theyve already completely banned surfing for a MILE from the pier at our neighboring beach. not only that, but they are ignoring other crime to concentrate on what amounts to harassing us. several fights have gone on uninterrupted because the beach patrol has been sitting on the beach in front of the break waiting people out. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

i think that the whole thing is ridiculous, not as a surfer, but as a person with something remotely resembling common sense. the break is next to the pier, so all the surfers sit in that one area. tourist (well, most of them) see this, and move further down the beach so as not to get in our way and get hit. since the cops push us out of the break, they push us into crowds of swimmers. i was yelled at by a tourist a few weeks ago because i was OUT of the surf zone, and her friend was near where i was surfing. this woman, who claimed that she was a surfer for 15 years, actually yelled at me to go back into the no surf zone. i was pissed off as is because the cops were being such fawkers, so i told her to [darn] off. anyway, if this keeps up, with the number of people who surf these days, someone is gonna get hurt. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

since our chief is pretty cool (actually, really cool, my dad was drinkin A beer while he was taking me over to a friends house, and he stopped and offered another one to the chief, who accepted, and chatted with us for a while), i think i might get a few guys to go with me and talk to him about this. i think that if we all keep our cool and let him know that we just wanna surf and not piss anyone off, then maybe he might tell this prick cop to relax a little /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. thezentree

oh yea, im goin to cape hatteras with my brand new 6'1 local motion in the morning, so [darn] you, OIBPD /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    in one of my most genious moves ever, i just spastically and unintentionally did a "select all" then hit delete. wow, i suck /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

anyway, yea, i didnt say anything about the other cop that was involved just because i didnt think it was pertinent. this second cop, officer king, was behind the first cop the other day and was talking trash. he publicly apologized. no hard feelings, right?

wrong.

this cop now has something to prove. he was on the beach all day today enforcing the no-surf ordinance. dont mind the fact that several boats came within the break today, which is not only illegal, but very very dangerous to swimmers./forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

king called my friend brian out of the water and told him to sit out of the water until his mommy came and got him. brian asked how far the no surf zone extended, and this assh0le told him 1500ft. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

so great, now we have police officers not only lying to people, but also trying to incorrectly (if not illegally) detaining people? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

brian told him that he would go 2500ft down the beach and go back in the water, and that he had no right to tell him to sit out, and walked back in the water. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

this crap has got to stop. the local police force is now out to get surfing. theyve already completely banned surfing for a MILE from the pier at our neighboring beach. not only that, but they are ignoring other crime to concentrate on what amounts to harassing us. several fights have gone on uninterrupted because the beach patrol has been sitting on the beach in front of the break waiting people out. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

i think that the whole thing is ridiculous, not as a surfer, but as a person with something remotely resembling common sense. the break is next to the pier, so all the surfers sit in that one area. tourist (well, most of them) see this, and move further down the beach so as not to get in our way and get hit. since the cops push us out of the break, they push us into crowds of swimmers. i was yelled at by a tourist a few weeks ago because i was OUT of the surf zone, and her friend was near where i was surfing. this woman, who claimed that she was a surfer for 15 years, actually yelled at me to go back into the no surf zone. i was pissed off as is because the cops were being such fawkers, so i told her to [darn] off. anyway, if this keeps up, with the number of people who surf these days, someone is gonna get hurt. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

since our chief is pretty cool (actually, really cool, my dad was drinkin A beer while he was taking me over to a friends house, and he stopped and offered another one to the chief, who accepted, and chatted with us for a while), i think i might get a few guys to go with me and talk to him about this. i think that if we all keep our cool and let him know that we just wanna surf and not piss anyone off, then maybe he might tell this prick cop to relax a little /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Someone needs to video tape what's going on, and show it to the chief of police. If the cops there are like you claim, I'm sure his/her boss would find a video tape of the office(s) actions quite intresting.