Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Suspense Is Killing Me!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

My hubby's K20 has been down since last fall. We've had it for 7+ years. He did a frame off resto and has so much time into it, but we had an incident in which he was left with 2 broken axle shafts, a wrecked tranny (internal & external), and the rebuilt 350 (with about 1500 miles on it) with a bad crank bearing and oil pressure probs. He really wanted/needed a 1-ton with a 454. We looked and looked but don't have a lot of $ to spend. The other night he found an ad for this:
    1983 K30/454/TH400/NP205/4" Susp Lift. 454 was a long block rebuild 6k ago, with Corvette heads & intake. It comes with an SM465 and NP205 that go together, complete with everything to convert it to manual. Spare driveshaft. It's on 33's but comes with 35's also, on aluminum slots. It has a front clip off a 1991 Blazer with the 4-headlight style, a custom front bumper, a TX cab, new GM doors & fenders. Well it was a 4 hour drive. Hubby left right away this morning to go have a look. He'll be home with it in about an hour. I don't know what he paid but the guy was asking $4500. The wait is just killing me! I'll take pics in the morning of our new family member /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Sounds like quite the machine!....can't wait to see pics!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Dang! That could be right in my area if that 4 hours was to the south.
    So what's the plan - is he swapping the goodies into his K20, or selling that and going with the K30 (that's what I'd do if it's in good condition). I'm sure it'll be hard for him (and you) to part with a truck that you've got so much work/money in if that's what you decide to do, but it sounds like he just picked up a NICE truck. Can't wait to see pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

nice!!!! now you can take the best form both and combine them!!

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Barneveld /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    We've been checking the Madison classifieds online for some time now. I guess he's having fuel problems on the way home /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. Oh well, he should be here within a half hour. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!!

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Cool... I'd be excited too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

It's home!! WOW. It's beautiful!!!! I'm jealous now. It is very nice looking and I went out just to start it up and listen to a big block idle. Oh maaaaaaaan that is too awesome. And a real, complete Dana 60. Looks real tough! I'll get pics first thing in the morning /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

wish my wife like my truck that much...but its almost done with new paint and soft-top, and being in socal I think she'll like it in the summer...full conv. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I was standing around with this foolish grin admiring it from the window & even though it was almost midnight, Trevor was like "Go ahead & go start it up if you want to". LOL. I'm like a kid about it. I think I'm just as excited as he is. I need some /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. But then, mine will be a full convertible by summer too and that is very cool!

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif