Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The time has come for me to go....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Sep 25, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Had a nice weekend..got to see George Jones in concert..sold my 79 C10 last thursday--bought a used arc welder the saturday before for 50 bucks..had a decent week for a change..one chock full of mixed emotions--joy,bittersweet about selling my truck,etc..

Then this week started..:(

A guy shows up here while I'm working on my truck..he goes in the house,and starts talking to my mother--I figured he was a salesman,or someone here about life insurance,etc..turns out he was a social worker from "Elder Services"..and I heard them talking about ME!..seems my mother,or someone else? called in and said I've been "abusive" towards my mother,because we had a heated argument in the past!!!---(something thats not unusual between us,and I never get revved up for no reason,its almost always her prodding that starts these arguments--you guys have heard me say how bad her temper and attitudes are in the past here)..

When I came in the house,she was signing some papers,what for I don't know..(I thought perhaps she was making a new will out?)--it was then I asked the guy if I could speak privately with him before he left, that I found out why he was there!--my mother said nothing about it to me!!..to say I was shocked would be an understatement,to say the least..

My mother has Althimers,at least the first stages,though no doctor has said so in writing..I live with her,they don't,and I know it when I see it--her mother died from it too..her emphasema and other ailments were responsible for oxogen loss to her brain during a flight to london 6 years ago--and though her mind is sharp as a tack when it comes to money,everything else she can't seem to understand anymore,and she's getting hard of hearing--she often mistakes me raising my voice as a sign of violence,but all I'm really doing is trying to get her to hear me--and expess my disgust at having to repeat myself constantly..:doah:

To make a long story short,I think she's pulling this "abuse" crap on me,to help get me tossed out of here,as she's always wanted since my dad died in 2000..she's made my life hell,and helped me pay my bills after I exhausted my life savings to stay here and help her..all at the same time!..she's emotionally bankrupted me too,with guilt trips galore,and never a word of encouragement..

So soon I'll probably dissapear from CK5,and all my other message boards,as the plug is likely to be pulled on the computer and AOL subscription..just let it be known I am blessed to have known and posted with all you guys,if I am not able to post here any longer..I have no clue whats gonna happen next here..pray for me if your religious!.:(

Bob

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That really sucks Bob. :crazy: Is she filing charges or just looking to force you out of the house?

Rene

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey, as long as you're not 60, you can always start over spartan. Spartan is a good life. Get an apartment, get some free library books for fun, get a steady job, easy.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't really know yet!..if I hadn't spoken to that guy,I'd not have known anything!..I don't know what the outcome will be,all I know is I've wasted 20 years of my life staying with my parents,and trying to help best I can,despite my own medical problems..this is the thanks I get..but I have lived here rent free,its not like I dont earn my keep here though..

I'll keep you guys posted if I can..I haven't said a word to my mother all night,nor she to me..but my supper was in the fridge as usual..I was hesitant to eat it despite being hungry...a crappy TV dinner that tasted like Alpo...

I'm just starting to realize what a mess I've made of my life,from being concerned about my parents..I should never have come back here...:(

And Joe--Spartan was all my life ever was,and has been..good thing I don't want much out of life,other than to be happy and see some talented women sing once in a while..I'll be lucky to ever see them again after this..:crazy:

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I will kepp you in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know if we can help...

John

6. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

man that sucks, if you want to move out to california my girlfriend and i are looking at renting a house and sharing it with roommates, and there are plenty of jobs to be had around here

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Wow, I don't know what to say! Family issues are always tough. I hope you two are able to work things out, but if not at least you know you tried your best to take care of teh family. Good luck.

8. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Everything happens for a reason bro, if you dont realize it now, you will later. I always think to myself about all the times I think the **** is about to hit the fan, and it always turns out for the better. Keep focused, work hard, and everything will turn out ok.

Regards,
    Remington