Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The time has come

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Djroffroad, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

The time has come to consider implementation of regulations and licenses for the use of Duct Tape.

Just tonight, on the news, we again saw the horrific criminal use of DuctTape to bind the boyfriends of those 2 girls kidnapped in California. The reality is criminals across the nation are using DuctTape in the comission of crimes, on an almost daily basis. DuctTape is being used in more crimes than illegal guns are used in.

The time has come to regulate DuctTape. Certainly, the government can set up an agency to regulate the sale and use of DuctTape, and I almost think there should be at least a 3 day waiting period to buy a roll of DuctTape. After all, people who have a legitimate use for DuctTape know in advance they'll need it, and usually have a roll or 2 in their truck. Perhaps legitimate users should have licenses that are grandfathered, but we just can't have this dangerous product sold willie nilly in places like convenience stores.

Children can today obtain duct tape, and the next thing we'll read about is some kid DuctTaping his playmate to a tree and leaving him there.

Proper safety precautions must be introduced as soon as possible.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

3. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

The sad thing is that this probably isn't too far from the truth. I can truly envision a day when we'll have to carry around a wallet full of licenses for all kinds of crap. "Here's my gasoline license, now fill 'er up. I would buy a Dr. Pepper too, but I left my soft drink license at home."

4. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Of course this can open up a whole can of worms (course, duct tape will close it again!)

Stop and think of some of the other ramifications of licensing duct tape. Experience tells us that it won't stop the criminal element from obtaining it. And then, after they've used it on their victims, the victims are gonna sue the manufacturer of the tape 'cause they made the tape too good. If it hadn't been so good, the victims could've broken free on their own and escaped.

Now if all of these lawsuits start, then the manufacturers are going to start making the tape less effective so that they won't get sued, which means the legitimate users will have to go to the "black market" to get the good stuff. Then the duct tape police will be arresting all of these people for buying illegal duct tape, and the jails and prisons will be overflowing. With all of the legitimate duct tape users in prison, the manufacturers won't be making as much duct tape, which means they're going to be losing money. Eventually, they'll go bankrupt and close their doors. And there won't be any more duct tape, for anyone, anymore!

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Safety! It's all about safety! My kids have known since they were young that if they see some duct tape just lying around in the open, say at a neighbor's house, that they are to follow the rules they learned in the Dilbert Duck(t) program:

1. Don't touch it!
    2. Leave the room!
    3. Tell an adult!

We have made it a point to also teach them the rest of the Tape Safety Rules, as we all should follow.

1. Always keep the tape pointed in a safe direction.
    2. Always keep your finger off the tape end until ready to peel and apply.
    3. Always keep the tape on the roll until ready to use.
    4. Know your target and what is beyond.
    5. Be sure the tape is safe to operate.
    6. Know how to use the tape safely.
    7. Use only the correct tape for your project.
    8. Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate.
    9. Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while taping.
    10. Store tape so it is not accessible to unauthorized persons.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG !!!! I have not laughed this hard in a while!!!!

"Tell an adult"

Bawahahahahaha!!!!! *rolling around on the floor*

7. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

NO!!!!!!!! Not my duct tape. That is what is holding my case that houses the seat belts together. BTW.........anyone know where to find colored duct tape. You know..it really needs to match the interior. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I know that this is all "tongue in cheek" joking around - BUT - I saw on one of those
    Court TV shows the other night (might have been American Justice) anyway - some
    police departments and law inforcement agencies consider a criminals "rape kit" as:

1) rope
    2) gloves
    3) knife
    4) binoculars
    5) DUCT TAPE

Now - I have ALL of these items in my truck at ALL TIMES!! Does that mean that I'm
    a potential serial RAPIST ????? WTF ?????/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Also - friends don't let friends use duct tape! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

i know people who worship ductape enough to kill a man or the freedom to get ductape whenever or wherever they please so be careful and you better tape this up good and tight with ductape before poeple think you are anti-ductape. pople should sell ductape in clothing stotres becasue it can be used to make a suit. it works well, but is a little stiff