Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The time has finally come.-Update

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fabjunkie, Sep 6, 2006.

1. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I started a thread a while back about finding a place to relocate to and that we were thinking of the Tulsa area. Well, that's where we went over the weekend and the wife had an interview on Thursday. She got the offer that afternoon, and they just told her that they want her to start on the 18th. So that means that we have a week and a half together until I have to drive her up there and fly back to wait for the house to sell. She has family that she is going to stay with in the mean time.

The first showing of the house happened yesterday, but haven't had any feedback on it. The plan is for me to stay here until the house sells and then move all of our stuff up there. I know it won't be an issue for me to find a job, and I would be suprised if I was sitting for more than a week. We are worried about how long it will take to sell the house though and decided that if it started affecting our relationship, that I would come then, get a house (we are going to rent for a while to save and buy a piece of land), and we would do what we had to do to make it and let the house sit empty until it sold.

This is the first major move for both of us, but at least we have each other to do it with. We've only been married for 4 months, but have a very strong relationship. I'm seriously considering going with her now though. I'm going to look at some numbers today and see what makes sence. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this kind of stuff, and you guys always seem to be there for encouragement and words of wisdom.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Is there anyone you trust to rent the house to while it's on the market. That way you can pull in money while waiting and be with your loved ones..

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Tulsa? Cool. Welcome to Oklahoma, where the men are men and the sheep are scared!

John

4. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately there is no one to rent it out to, and honestly I'd rather have it empty just so I don't have to deal with a tenant while trying to show it.

I crunched some numbers, figuring in everything one way or the other including flights back and forth once a month, and it looks like it will be about $400 (probably less cause I figured high for rent and util. up there) more a month for me to go up there and let the house be empty. It would probably only be 2-3 months before I headed up there anyways, if it took that long to sell, so it's kind of a wash in my eyes. I'm just trying to be objective.

5. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Well I just got back last night from driving the wife up, taking the dd up there and flying back. Yesterday was a very eventful day. Got a new job that I start next monday, went back and forth between two towns about 20 times looking for a place to rent. All the houses in our range were nothing short of nasty and all the apartments were full. We got on a list for one of the apartments and got a call on the way to the airport that someone had cancelled, so we got it!

Little story that is kind of amusing now, but at the time was bad. I was driving through this small town and this OLD man was trying to push this little walker/cart thing full of groceries up this long hill and just having a hell of a time. So I figured I'd give him a ride and maybe the favor would be returned to me in finding a decent place to live. So I stop and put his little cart thing in the back of the truck, (which turns out to be full of aluminum cans, not groceries) and he climbs in. He smells really bad so I roll down the windows. Get to his place, and unload his stuff. Upon backing out, I take off the drivers side mirror on this post at the end of his drive. When I get to the house (wife's grandparents) I pull the towel that we keep on the seat to help keep it clean off to wash it so it didn't smell like him. Well, I pull it up and there is this wet spot on the seat. The old focker pissed himself in my truck!!! :mad: :mad: So I end up having to go to another town to get the seat shampoo'd and have to spend $110 on a new mirror. :mad: Actually I'm still pissed about it. No longer am I going to be a nice guy. From now on I'm going to be the a**hole.

So anyway, after interviewing in the morning, running around all day looking for a place to live, and dealing with Old Man Whizzer, I finally get to the airport with about 5 minutes to spare, grab a turkey sandwich, and eat for the first time all day. At the end of the day I enjoyed the hour or so drive home in the Blazer by myself with no radio. It the end it all turned out good I guess.