Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The top and the tail pipe.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JimmyJuneau, Mar 31, 2003.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I want to take the top off of my Jimmy soon but I remember the last time I took it off I had to put it back on becasue I couldnt stand all of the exhaust coming into the truck so who has a pic of how they routed there exhaust to solve this problem or is thes a problem that can be solved?

2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

check out this post it will tell you what you want to know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

It has been my experience, that there are few ways to keep it out all together. Mine exits right behind the drivers side rear wheel. With the top off, I get some fumes. Not to bad unless I'm sitting in traffic. I've also got a few holes in the floorboard that let it come in. With the back window down and the top on, I can't smell anything. The softop does a pretty good job of keeping the fumes out, unless it's all rolled up. The only real time I notice it is when I'm sitting going nowhere. I plan on trimming the exhaust back just a little and adding a turndown to help counter some of it, but we'll see how that goes...

4. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Sorry I dont have the answer for you but I do know on my last Blazer I had the pipes exit by the hitch and did it ever stink.
    Think on this one I will exit the pipe behind the drivers wheel and put a bend down tailpipe I will keep you informed what happens.