Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Tornado - Gimmick or real deal?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Topdown, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Who knows something about this thing? I see it for sale at lots of places and I figure what the heck, someone has had to have tried it.

Speak up! Does it work? is it a load of BS?

I am leaning toward a load of BS, but I have been known to be wrong, just ask my wife.

-Ryan

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It's BS. I posted a link a while back about it in another thread. Someone put one on a mustang and dynoed it, the thing actually DECREASED power, proven on the dyno. </font>

3. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

yep its a SCAM the channel 5 news did a undecover story on it and outhers like it about 1 year ago now and in most vechicles it actually lowered the milage and in some it stayed the same but in 2 of the 25 vechicles tested it did increse the milage by aprox 2%

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Total bullshit. Probably intake restriction.

5. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Major gimmick /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Anything that restricts airflow to the intake will lower horsepower I don't care what shape it is in. Unless it is a blower or turbo you are probably better off without it.

That is all.

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

ah, more money saved by the good folks at CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

Talk to somebody who has used the product. Have any of you used a tornado personally or know someone who has?
    I installed a tornado in my wifes 95 Grand Prix and picked up 2mpg. Onnly mods are a K&amp;N filter a year before the tornado was installed. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I got one sitting on the floor of my garage... it's a POS.

10. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Here...
    Try one of these Electric Super Chargers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Electric Supercharger

Think im going to try my wifes new hair dryer first /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

those look awesome... I might have to download and build one just for the hell of it...

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

one of them "electric superchargers" might actually be usefull to help draw in more air if you have a looong snorkel tube running or something. I plan on having my air intake go through the firewall... through the cab... and then upwards towards the top of the vehicle out back. Thats a lot of twisty winding tubing... who knows, maybe that thing could be usefull for drawing in some air. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif opinions?

j

13. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I used to run a Tornado on my old Bronco w/ a 2bbl. Worked great, ran great, and I picked up some MPG. Kept it when I sold the Bronc, put it on my Jimmy and lost power, performance, and MPG. My guess is that on the 2bbl it still let enough airflow thru, but on the 4bbl in the Jimmy it restricted flow.