Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The truck runs!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!! (special thanks to my wife)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kyle89K5, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

For all those that helped (especially my wife) THANK YOU!!!!!

For the first time in quite a while, my truck started AND RAN all on it's own. Not only that, it moved across the yard ALL ON IT'S OWN!!! It fired last night, but wouldn't run for anything. While I was thinking about it, my wife mentioned that maybe I hadn't loosened the rockers enough ( I had overtightened them to start with and basically hung all the valves open). Sure enough, when I loosened them up some more, the truck fired right off on it's own. I went through retightening the rockers until all ticking was gone. and the truck sounds BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I still have some fine tuning to go, but I got the cam broke in tonight and am proud to report there are no visible leaks at this time.

Special thanks again to all on this board for their help and ESPECIALLY to my wife. There is no telling how much time we spent with me at the key and her turning the distributer to get it to fire. Not only that, she took extra time to make sure and re-route all of the spark plug wires and fix all my mistakes. It's wonderful that I have a wife that not only doesn't mind helping on the truck, but takes as much interest as she does. She is truly an ANGEL!!!

2. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

That is awesome. She is a keeper, for sure!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

We spent the day in the shop with my Blazer. Not so good. That is another post I'm about ot make. Oh well, gotta keep my chin up!

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your wife and mine should get together and talk shop /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif. Cool, so this means your going to be bringing your truck to Disney? Glad to hear you got it goin'.

John

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Youi'll get there, it seems never ending at times, but it will work out

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

That's the plan. I'm in Memphis this week, so I'm hoping to get to work on it when I get back. I got it running long enough to move it around the yard, then had to quit and pack /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    When I get back, I've got to finish the idleing issues, put the 1" body lift on, put the herculiner in, put my new softop on, and install my tube doors. And that's just the the things I can think of before a trip to Disney /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

I'm hoping I can make it, this trip to Memphis has thrown a HUGE wrench in the gears.