Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the truggy has started....update

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by supersize75k5, Mar 8, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

[​IMG]

to this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

to this,..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cut out the rear floor, then added a 2x6" piece of [ channel between my rockers. Now my chage can be mounted to a real piece of metal rather than sheet metal.

When it rolled the whole rear floor cam apart and ripped out of the body mounts, the front however was tied into the new subframe thats connected to the rocker and new subframe, the difference caused alot of damage. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

kind of like have in old motor mounts and new tranny mounts..not equal at all /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tommarow I need to drain my full tank then drop it and make a new home for the fuel cell /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

then come up with a rear cage idea, also need to finish or redo my shock hoops for the rear..they are a little too small /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

questions now.....

what spring rate are you guys using for your rear? I can not decide between just getting longer springs or just doing coils. I have the money now and I want to do this right if possable and a 4 link would elliminate
    my nasty axel wrap for those 5 grand neutral drops /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif ... /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

any books out there everything I have looked at focused on cars, and mainly race/drag cars. Alot of the info rolls over to our hobby but does not cater to it from what I have read. Any 4 wheel books or buggy books..I know I am being hopefull here /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

-thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Re: the truggy has started....hehehe also questions on rear susp.

HOLY SHIZZER BATMAN!!!! And so it begins again. Looking good so far! I'm looking forward to watch your build-up from the comfort of my computer chair.

Kris

3. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

How much lift do you have? That thing looks awful tall. Good luck keep us posted. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

any books out there everything I have looked at focused on cars, and mainly race/drag cars. Alot of the info rolls over to our hobby but does not cater to it from what I have read. Any 4 wheel books or buggy books..I know I am being hopefull here /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

-thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can try the Fourwheeler's Bible, a lot of basic stuff but I don't think it wouldn't hurt

I know T400s are tough but I don't see how everything holds together with a 5 grand neutral drop. I had to do a N drop at about 2500 RPM and the 383 felt like it was going to rip the tranny out from under the Jimmy

5. supersize75k5

....the tranny is built but I know it wont take much more of it, also getting a rev limmiter real soon so I can keep my motor alive for at least a few months /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

also found some metal in the tranny yesterday.... /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

6. supersize75k5

I removed the front body lify, just waiting for 42's so I can lower tha cab /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

will be 6 inches of lift when I am done

7. supersize75k5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hehe /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

just fiting everything right now and tacing everything up. I decided to mount the fuel cell mid ship as the stock location it would drag on the ground, or have to be so high that I would lose my space for the rear tire...

so how to I check my gas gage...reach behind the seat, lean over and look inside... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I plan to make a locking tool box of some sort where the tank was since that will be room for rent now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif On the front I cant decide to run a grill or not /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Got to have a chevy logo somewhere..grill is crooked in that pic and not mounted BTW /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

nice.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i like the way the front came out, but is it me or is something not lining up??

9. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    nice.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i like the way the front came out, but is it me or is something not lining up??

[/ QUOTE ]

ya it is just sitting there, nothing is bolted up, tha front is just hanging out as well..it needs more tube....

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I cant decide to run a grill or not Got to have a chevy logo somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that grille damaged? If not I'll trade you my cracked one you can cut and paint so you can have a logo and lights. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. supersize75k5

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

The grill is missing a few inches off each side /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Shhh........I'm not an Idiot. Just didn't realize it was cut. I mean there are light bezels next to mine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

[​IMG]

I'm kind of a fan of keeping the grill. In my 1st iteration I was able to keep the stock headlight buckets too but they got pretty mashed up in the big roll. So now I have those fancy snowplow lights.

The first iteration could have had the windshield frame on it, but I wisely decided to chop it before it got mangled.

14. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

come on will power... don't grab the sawzall....... /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif