Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The truth about cigarettes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chris87K5, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

gee thanks and I'm trying to quit /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    gee thanks and I'm trying to quit /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah me too. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I cant decide whats gonna be worse, cancer or all the weight Im gonna gain giving me a heart attack! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The patch works OK for me for about 2 hrs. Its good for someone that smokes 10 cig a day or more. Who the hell only smokes 10 a day?! And if you do, you really shouldnt have a problem quitting. Im in the 40-50 club! (2-2.5 packs a day) So I have to give myself a "boost" cig every few hrs to spike the nicotine, and Im good to go again. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

BUT I am down to only a few cig a day now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (on the biggest patch) Ill prob "step down" in a few weeks.

4. mudhog

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif i have tried the patch but it don't work for me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm in the 2.5-3 packs a day range /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I been pretty steady at a pack a day for 28 years or so, unless beer's involved. Then it could be 2 packs a night. Must be an under-achiever?

6. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

Damn you guys smoke alot. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

1 Pack last me 3-4 days and thats with my girl bumming smokes from me all the time.

I hope to quit by the age of 30, I am 24 now.

7. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

only tried it once, decided its the stupidest thing ever. for those who want to quit, good luck.

-Rich

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

OH THIS SUX! I gave up drugs easier than this! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I woke up this morn and found I had run out of patches. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif OK so Ill dip some snuff. Well that didnt work out too good. I just get bored w/ it. So I just suffered as long as I could then would have 1. I really didnt do too bad. Maybe a few more than I would w/ the patch on. Maybe Ill just save myself 30 bux and try to just suffer thru it since the patch doesnt really seem to help me for too long.

We quit smoking in the house so that REALLY slows me down. If I were to smoke at the computer I practically lite one off the next. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

To anyone that doesnt smoke.....DONT START!

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Man... Where did you get that AV????
    Made me forget about wanting a smoke. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Wish they made a patch that looked like that.[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I just quit after about 25 year's of smoking a good pack or so a day. no patch,no gum,no inhaler's, just droped down to taking about 5 or 6 hit's off my wife's cig a day for about 2 week's then went "cold turkey"....been a couple of month's now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifstill get the urge once in awhile /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It realy was'nt as hard as I thought it was gonna be though. So you guy's can do it! I've only gained a few pound's, just watch what you snack on (chip's and salsa for me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif You would have to gain 100-150 pound's to have the same ill effect on your body has smoking, so I would'nt worry about a little weight gain /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifGood luck guy's you can do it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Man... Where did you get that AV????
    Made me forget about wanting a smoke.

[/ QUOTE ] I forget where i got that. I think from a gaming site.

12. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I was surprised at how well the patch worked for me. I was at the grocery store and they were clearing them out for $10 a box so I bought one for the hell of it. Put it on on Tuesday morning and went all day at work without smoking with just chewing gum. That's way different than if I just forget to stop for cigarettes in the morning .. I'm pretty antsy by noon. I was so surprised how much it cut down the physical 'itch' that I'm definitely going to give the patch a try when quitting time comes (soon!)

13. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

Man....I get the message but that lil Juggy Girl avatar you have is making me want to light up more.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Man....I get the message but that lil Juggy Girl avatar you have is making me want to light up more.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Actually I wasn't trying to get a message across, just thought it was cool. I smoke a pack and a half a day myself. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    glad you like the avitar. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

Oh, I smoke like a chimney, pack a day, but they're those sissy Lo-nicotine Quest smokes or Marl. Ultra-Lt 100's. If someone is trying to quit, these are the way to go. They have 3 diff packs, starting with reduced nicotine, then very-low nicotine, to no nicotine. Kinda neat, lets ya break the nic habit, but you can indulge in the oral fixation until you want to stop that also. And that AV keeps grabbing my attention out of the corner of my eye like every 3 seconds.... ~boingy~boingy~boingy~ I think my eyes are still bouncin' /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm in the 2.5-3 packs a day range

[/ QUOTE ] DAMN, that has to be expensive!!

17. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im 16 and have never had a cigerate touch my mouth and dont plan to...and i am not going to drink!! (alcohalism runs in my family so thats the biggest reason why..its always turned me of form it to begin with)

18. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    We quit smoking in the house so that REALLY slows me down. If I were to smoke at the computer I practically lite one off the next

[/ QUOTE ] i am the same way /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i need to stop /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Only a Mac could smoke too...

Ex smoker checking in. 10 years at 1 pack a day, 2 on rough work days. I quit by being tired of stinking, being dirty, feeling like crap all the time, etc. Someimte in January 01, I got off the train and threw a 3/4 pack in the trash. Got to my S10, tore up the emergency pack in the glovebox, and have smoked maybe 3 since. Last one was half a marlboro light on 9/11/01.

Don't wait til you "finish this pack", I did that for 5 years and never quit more than 10 hours unless I was sleeping. Throw out what you have and stop when you decide that's it. Then when you're about to layout that much cash for another pack, think of how emotionally unstable you now are, and you may just throw this pac away too, and that would be like throwing away this money... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

the truth about cigarettes, they're phuquing disgusting and so are the people that are addicted to them.

no offense to anyone intended. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif