Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the TSLs shook my column apart!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Dec 26, 2001.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Now that I have REAL tires, the poor truck is getting beaten to death on the highway! But I love every minute!!! [​IMG]

Now, the column came so loose that I can't turn the ignition to the start position!!! [​IMG] So I will finally be rebuilding my column. It needs a new blinker lever since the intermittant wipers have never worked. They also don't return to the bottom of the windshield by themselves. You have to time the release of the switch just right to park them correctly. [​IMG]

Just figured that I would share the humor of the tires on my truck literally shaking it to pieces!!! Gotta love 'em! [​IMG]

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Are you sure the "no start" is due to the loose column? The ignition switch on my S-Jimmy went bad and caused that symptom. It just refused to turn far enough any more. Absolutely no warning that it was about to fail. [​IMG] $18 for a new switch. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ROTFLMAO!!!! [​IMG] my 36" TSLs haven't done that yet, i hope they don't do that to my suburban.

LOOK OUT MOAB, HERE COMES THE SUB!!!!!
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My iggy switch packed it in about 4 years ago...I installed a starter button down low on the dash. The cool part is now I can spin it over without power to the ignition if I want.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>