Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The ultimate road trip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tRustyK5, Aug 12, 2004.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I wish I could say it was me coming down but it's not. A CK5er and his wife are making the almighty huge road trip of a lifetime and should easily be in Nor Cal by Friday.

Their names are Mark and Elana (sp?) and they are driving an incredibly well built first gen Blazer. 60/14 locked and locked with 4.56's, freshly built 383 stroker, NV4500 5 speed, clocked and SYE'd 241 with a flat belly pan, hybrid elliptical front, 3/4 elliptical rear, caged, 37" SSR's and very well thought out.

Both Mark and his wife are looking to get some wheeling in, or at the very least meet some cool people on their trip. They started out near Toronto Canada, drove out to the west coast of Canada before crossing the border and heading south yesterday afternoon.

I'm sure they'd be happy enough just to meet a few people if nobody is wheeling...

Mark spent so much time in the garage working on his truck the last few months he didn't get much of a chance to spend time on CK5 getting to know people...

If you'd like to meet or wheel with Mark and his wife please give him a call on his cell phone. The number is 289-251-1684. If he doesn't pick it up leave a message and he'll call back pretty quick.

They stopped by my place yesterday, and if it wasn't mid-week I would have loved to have gone wheeling with him...sometimes work really gets in the way of fun.

I almost forgot to add that from Nor Cal they will be heading down to LA to play tourist and possibly meet a few more CK5er's or SoCal big Dawgs. From LA, it's off to Vegas for a couple of days, then the Grand Canyon, and then by next weekend (~20th) they plan on being in Moab.

They hope to hook up with somebody there and wheel the wee out of their ride for 4 days before driving onward to Wisconsin where they have a wedding to attend (I think it's a wedding anyways /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif)

Rene

2. tRustyK5

I'll get a pic or two up in a few minutes here...

This truck is so bright it attracts bugs. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rene

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Man, that would kick ass!! I would love to be able to do something like that! If they are heading east before going back up north let me know! Or if they need any help along the way over in this area..... Tell them to take tons of pics and post them! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Are they trailering the blazer or are they driving the blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Sounds like a VERY interesting setup on the suspention. Definatly get some pics up, or get them to me I'll host them /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

that sounds like an awesome time!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    how far south were they going?

6. tRustyK5

They're Canadian...no trailer. They're driving and sleeping in the K5./forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

They did say their schedule and destinations are pretty flexible depending on if they can hook up with anyone and get some wheeling in. From LA it's only another hour or so to the Mexican border so I'm sure they could head farther south to meet or wheel with someone down there.

The suspension is very cool, but seeing the custom soft doors was jaw dropping. Starts as a basic tube door, over that is a soft top material door on a frame that mimic's the body lines of the truck. A stock door handle is attached to the soft frame and works the latch mechanism.

There is also an upper half to the soft door for more inclement weather, and apparently it all seals well to the Specialty Tops soft top.

I could have easily spent a few days BS'ing and checking out Marks truck...

Crossing back into Canada will be at Sault Ste Marie from northern Michigan I think. You could always call them and see for sure.

Rene

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

there from toronto!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!/

cool, tell them to stop by Dundas some time. are they members here?

sounds like a cool truck 1st gens done up look so cool.

when will they be back here? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'll be in Vegas this weekend (no K5). Might have to track them down and check out their rig..If I'm not stuck working

9. Canadian Trailblazer

Canadian Trailblazer Registered Member

Hi all!

Just got on the puter here at Dan (Prez of the NorCal Big Dawgs)'s house. Gotta give a big thanx to Dan for spotting for me today on the Mini-Rubicon in H-Hills and for giving up his bottle jack to tweak my tierod straight. We're having a great trip so far. There are great CK5'ers all over. It was great to meet Paul in Canmore, and Renee in Surrey. Thankyou both for the help and introductions on to others. Dan is nice enough to post some vids and pictures on their website. Again, thankyou all. We'll post again soon.

Mark n' Elana /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yep they just left here..Great people.. Sorry about the dent and the bent tie rod.. I will get the video up in a little while.. They are off down the coast somewhere and then over to Estebans house for lunch.. They are skipping going to LA. then off to Vegas..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. gokartergo

12. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They're Canadian...no trailer. They're driving and sleeping in the K5./forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a couple EB folks from up your way ("CAT" & Gary Yorston if they happen to be locally famous). They do the same thing, no trailer and sleep in/on/under/around the EB. Must be a Canadian thing.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I sleep in the back of the Sub or Patch, the Wonder Yota, does that make me Canadian? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    .....From LA it's only another hour or so to the Mexican border so I'm sure they could head farther south to meet or wheel with someone down there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, it's a bit further than that. The border is 4+ from here & I'm only (unfortunately) 80 miles north of LA proper.

I'm hoping y'all Nor CA'ers put them onto the more interesting routes to Lost Wages since it sounds like they're skipping SoCA.

13. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Another Ontario 1st Gen. in California...I thought I was the only one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So Mark, your not coming down here eh?
    Santa Barbara sure is pretty this time of year!

Would have been nice to shoot the [darn] and have a cold Molson Canadian with a fellow Canadian.

I could see our Blazers now...one neon green and one neon yellow,both with Ontario plates,gleaming in the Californian sun.

Well...I'm in Santa barbara if he changes his mind.

Sweet Blazer I might add
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Wanted to meet them too. SB is only an hour or so from me - a short trip I would've made no prob. I'm up that way often.

15. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

so im going to ask this....since nobody else has...

what happens if they screw their ride up wheeling it?

16. gokartergo

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They fix it.. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not helpless, or without tools or spare parts...

Rene

18. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Mark spent so much time in the garage working on his truck the last few months he didn't get much of a chance to spend time on CK5 getting to know people...

[/ QUOTE ]

...Rene on the other hand knows everyone and spends very little time in the garage! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Very cool! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Wish I would have seen this sooner, I'm right off of the 405, they could have taken a little detour off of the I5 I could have shown them around. At least seen another bad a$$ 1st. gen. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...Rene on the other hand knows everyone and spends very little time in the garage! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd get more done if I didn't have my girls to care for during the day...or work 55-60 hours a week at night. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Rene