Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The ultimate workout!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by 85m1009, Aug 28, 2002.

1. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

If you ever need a great upper body workout try driving the upper part of Pritchett canyon with no power steering or power brakes. Makes the ride much more interesting! Evidently the relief valve stuck while traversing rocker knocker. It was the first time I was unhappy having a hydraulic winch--- It took about 2 hours to get to the top with help from k5blt4fun. It made the experience that much more entertaining. I also drove 1100 miles home without powersteering. Great on the highway but stunk in town.

Had a great time none the less and only suffered damage to both rear quarter panels. ie...left a little paint on Hells revenge and the last obstacle on pritchett canyon.

The rear coil over suspension worked great!

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hehe, I seem to remember *someone* /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif saying that it sounded like the relief valve stuck... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

BTW, it was great meeting you and taking a look at the great fab work on your rig. Makes my ghetto rig look downright primitive. But then, so do most of the rigs that were up there.

Now if I can just get your buddies to leave me alone! LOL

3. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

Hell STeve you should have said something. I brought almost everything to completey rebuild a teering system.
    And by the way i've go you beet on the ultimate workout. Try not bringing your own rig and getting volunteered to spot for everyone. i feel like i climbed MT. Everest

4. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Poor Matt, go call a WHAAAMBULANCE! I remember you misting with the rest of us! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    this is KS by the way...not TIM! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. sidslc

sidslc Registered Member

Yo matt almost everything except a pully puller! ha ha. You and billy ray were the power steering pit crew going for the fastist swap time /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Are your arms any bigger Steve? Just drive like that all the time and get a good workout at the same time. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Wish I could of gone on pritchett canyon with you but I had to get back early Sunday afternoon and get my daughter. It was great wheeling with you Saturday. That rig of yours is just too impressive!

7. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

My arms didn't get any bigger but I had to use my co pilot steering assist a couple of times. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I pulled the pump yesterday and found that the relief valve was stuck. It took a good amount of hammering to free it. I changed to a new pump and all is well. I too had a great time wheeling with you on Saturday. Pritchett canyon was fantastic even with a winching exercise for two hours plus. If you know of anyone that might have any pics of my truck let me know. I got lots of video but not many still pics. I will copy Saturdays video and send you a copy.