Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The unrest in the middle east hits home again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 16, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Just got word a good friend of ours was shot in the hand, and a grenade went off nearby him. He lost his arm... or at least from what I understand, what's left must be amputated and he's in bad shape after being flown to a hospital in Germany.

I have 4 good friends that went into the service recently, and as we all hope for all our troops, I wasn't thinking this would happen to any of them.

I guess theres really nothing to be able to do or even no way to get in contact with him until he contacts home.

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear that, my condolences

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

There was a funeral yesterday for a friends nephew who died over there... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

sorry to hear about your friend.

one of my good friends was shot in the chest over there about a month ago, good thing he was wearing a vest or he would not be here today.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif