Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Vegetarian diet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by camiswelding, Nov 2, 2005.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I have realized the error of a title to this post that inadvertantly flamed some of you... I appologize for the lapse in sensitivity and have changed it...

Some of you have asked me about being a vegetarian.... :1zhelp:
    I am happy to say conscious behavior is alive and well... even in a forum of gas guzzling hard driving off roading crazy people.... some of you understand the true meaning of treading lightly... :cool:
    recently I responded to a post about killing animals... my intention was not to flame the poster but to provide a different viewpoint... :shame:

those of you that know me would probably label me as a redneck hippy.,,, :screwy: :usaflag:

anyway... heres a little general food for thought about the nuts and bolts of why its important to eat lightly... :ears:

One major motivation for vegetarianism is nutritional, first of all, fresh vegetables and fruits are the most important sources of vitamins and minerals in a diet. All flesh foods which are commonly consumed today are highly imbalanced nutritionally containing an excess of protein while almost completely lacking in calcium and growth promoting vitamins, which are all originally derived from vegetables kingdom. Calcium is absorbed from the soil and changed by plants (with the aid of photosynthesis) into organic or food calcium and vitamins are manufactured by the green leaves in plants.

It has been found that a large number of diseases suffered by modern man are caused by the uric acid deposits which can be found in the muscle fibers of meat. When this extra uric acids is introduced into the body it must then eliminate its own naturally manufactured supply, plus the extra supply taken from the meat source. For example a pound of liver contains 19 grains of uric acid, a pound of beef contains 14 grains, but the body can only eliminate 6 grains through the kidneys and liver the uric acid which has not been eliminated becomes the seed for gout rheumatism, headaches, nervous diseases etc. By not eating meat you can reduce your chances of getting Gout or Rheumatism, two very crippling diseases as well as a host of other ailments linked to uric acid imbalance.

Meat putrefies or more graphically it rots very quickly. Animal protein putrefies twice as fast as vegetable protein. Animal muscles are tender but after death they stiffen from the coagulation of the muscular tissues, the muscles toughen and they do not become tender again until they putrefy. This is the reason that meat is kept for sometime to ripen or in other words to decay. During the process of purification poisons are released these poisons are then absorbed by the human body when the meat is consumed. Some meat may also be contaminated with with the eggs or even adult parasites Ordinary cooking will not destroy these parasites because they are able to withstand high temperatures. Several types of animal parasites can be found in the human intestine, the most common are beef, pork, and fish tapeworm, roundworm, hookworm, pin worm, and liver fluke. Certain species of parasites in their embryonic form are absorbed into the human blood stream and may travel throughout the body, sometimes lodging in the liver, lungs, brain, muscles and in the intestines. :saweet:

These parasites may not produce symptoms for a very long time, so people are not immediately aware that they have them. Some of the symptoms that will show up later are, irregular evaluation of the bowels, itching of the rectum, abdominal pain, vomiting, severe headaches, loss of appetite.Ass itch... now some of you know why :haha:

All food was originally produced by the vegetable kingdom which absorbs and stores the suns energy, the energy which we and other carnivores are getting from eating the flesh of an animal is the balance stock of energy that the animal has not used. Vegetable food is the original energy source for all animal energy. By being a vegetarian you eat from the most direct source of the suns energy, not the second hand source. So by not eating meat you can prevent many debilitating diseases as well as maintain a clean, nontoxic physical system, and you will be absorbing the suns energy from its most direct source.This is very basic science... and pretty much generally aceepted... well other than by the beef council... :yikes:

Theres much more... let me see how this goes down first.... :wink1:

now.. if I could just get the v3500 to run well on biodiesel

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2005
  2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

if God didnt want us to eat animals he wouldnt have made them out of meat.

ryan

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:D Yep. You beat me to it.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'd get ran out of the country if I posted that up around here :haha:

Interesting none the less........... :D

5. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Many veggies are also have parasits including hepatitis. They are usually from Mexico and contaminated by infected water or fertilizer. The only safe way to disinfect them is to cook the vegetables wicth cuts the vitamin and mineral content signifficantly.

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

You are what you eat. Myself, I want to have some muscle, so I eat some.

If I wanted to be a vegtable, then I would eat like you do... :D

We all know that too much red meat is bad for you. Please don't confuse that with too much animal protein being bad for you. You can hardly eat too much lean protein. The more you eat, the faster the metabolism goes. The key to gaining muscle is protein. The key to losing fat is protein (no, dummies, it's not avoiding all carbohydrates :rolleyes: ). We do need fat in our diet, but we don't require any of the saturated animal fats.

I assume that since your health is so important that you don't drink or smoke and that you have a good regular exercise regimen? For best health, I'll take red meat with regular exercise and frequent meals over a protein-deprived sedentary life-style.

7. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I wasn't born into the top of the food chain to eat spinnach :D

I respect your opinion & right to choose not eat meat... and I understand but don't care about the science behind it. But at the same time I would expect the same respect for my opinion and choice to enjoy the benefits of the top of the food chain.

[​IMG]

Too much of ANYThing is bad for you.... a healthy, balanced diet is made up of a little of everythign in moderation. Cutting any 1 thing compeltely out of your diet leaves your body lacking some nutrients...

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I think I'll go ahead and stick with the evolutionary model for Homo Sapiens, top of the food chain HUNTER gatherer. Last time I checked, a prerequisite for our evolutionary advancement had to do with tool making, primarily hunting tools and the tools used to process the animal products resulting from hunting.

I'll stick with my meat thank you.

9. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

It's nice to see a vegetarian with more than just a moral argument. :waytogo: While I respect your decision to be a vegetarian, I dont think I could ever be one. I agree that all meats arent good for humans, but neither are all plants. Grass fed bison is one of the most nutritious meats in the world. Native Americans lived (healthily) on it for hundreds of years. I like my vegetables, but as a side dish to meat :wink1:

10. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Or taste so damn good with BBQ sauce,,, :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

vegetarian, A Native American word for poor hunter...:p:

12. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Yup,,, not much risk in sneakin' up on a bunch of turnips,, :haha: :haha:

13. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Check w/ the government of Argentina.

Just messing w/ you. One part of my family is vegetarian of health reasons. A cousin from a different part is almost vegetarian for spiritual reasons. So I am familiar with your points, but I still eat all types of meat including organs and tripe.

14. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'll copy and paste this from the other hunting thread for expediency's sake:

You are full of crap.

You do have an intentionally holier than thou attitude and a passive aggressive form of discourse.

Here's some info on your wonderful objective source of information:

"The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. PCRM is a fanatical animal rights group that seeks to remove eggs, milk, meat, and seafood from the American diet, and to eliminate the use of animals in scientific research. Despite its operational and financial ties to other animal activist groups and its close relationship with violent zealots, PCRM has successfully duped the media and much of the general public into believing that its pronouncements about the superiority of vegetarian-only diets represent the opinion of the medical community. "

“Less than 5 percent of PCRM’s members are physicians,” Newsweek wrote in February 2004.

The American Medical Association (AMA), which actually represents the medical profession, has called PCRM a “fringe organization” that uses “unethical tactics” and is “interested in perverting medical science.”

Wow. Sounds like just the place to get your information.

Never mind the rest of my rant, you need to do some research of your own apparently.

You have no new information over any other vegan nimrod I have ever spoken to, and for you to disengenuously act like we are attacking you, when you are feeding bunk science to us is crap too.

Find some real science and stow the fake "poor me, just trying to help all you unfortunate savages and you crawl up my ass" act.

Wait, here's a little more to rub salt in the wound since I hate fake facts more than anything:

The American Medical Association (AMA) has issued several strong public rebukes of PCRM, including a 1991 statement in Newsweek by the AMA’s senior vice president for science and medical education, who said: “They are neither responsible nor are they physicians.”

In a December 25, 1991 letter to JAMA (the AMA’s official journal), AMA scientific affairs vice president Dr. Jerod M. Loeb wrote: “the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has been formally censured by the AMA for purposefully misrepresenting the critical role animals play in medical research.” Loeb also noted that PCRM “orchestrated a letter-writing campaign to JAMA” designed to promote the false impression that most doctors agreed with animal-rights positions.

AMA news release (April 11, 1991):
    The AMA finds the recommendations of PCRM irresponsible and potentially dangerous to the health and welfare of Americans. [PRCM is] blatantly misleading Americans on a health matter and concealing its true purpose as an animal ‘rights’ organization.

Oh, that's all just from the first site other than PCRM's that came up on Google, probably wouldn't have too much trouble finding more about your lovely group if you'd like.

You keep living your lifestyle, nobody begrudges you that, but when you start trying to change our minds with lies and insults, that just chaps my ass. You are the one living a lifestyle that deviates from millions of years of nature and evolution, deal with it.

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Damn dude, forget your meds today or something???????????? :D

16. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I realize that anytime someone in here claims the Bible as a source of authority many in here think its idiotic, old fashioned, a crutch, or whatever. Anyway, for those that are Christians and do care what Scripture says there is something to make note of: Yes, Scripture does say that "all foods are clean" and nowhere is meat forbidden as some of the PETA idiots would say. HOWEVER, if you read in Genesis you will find that after God created Adam and Eve, He said "I give to you every GREEN PLANT for food". God created man to eat plants. It wasn't until after sin came into the world that man began to eat meat (there was no death/bloodshed until after the fall). Just something to think about. By the way I am not a vegetarian, I can't give up meat. I love it too much, but my sister is a registered dietician and NOT a vegetarian either but she will adamantly claim advantages to a vegetarian diet.

As far as the protein goes you can get protein from vegetables. It does not only come from animal protein. In fact, some professional body builders are vegetarians.

17. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

When I am free of sin, I will eat only green plants.

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Sorry, my panties were indeed twisted over the whole thing. Opinions are fine but fake facts (lies) irk the sh*t out of me.

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Opinions are like a$$holes everybody's got one but in some cases some people are just over opinionated a$$holes...:haha: :wink1:

20. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i wasnt trying to quote the bible.

i refuse to say anything else so this doesnt turn into a discussion on religion.

ill just walk on out on my old fashioned, idiotic, crutch. :D

ryan