Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The weekend from the movies...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 27, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

What a fun weekend. Family and friends came up camping. Got to relax. There was a guy named Joe that had recently shot another guy in the town and was out on bail, so we kept the story going for all the kids that "crazy Joe" was out loose in the woods.

Weather was good, then Saturday night came a storm like Ive never seen before. More lightning than I'd seen in years, and the heaviest rain I've seen in my life. It hit hardest as I was trying to pull out a friend's Toyota out of a mudhole. Gave up when the bumper ripped off.

Lightning was flashing constantly every few seconds, the rain was pouring so hard I was drenched and couldnt see, and the wind was blowing so hard trees were falling over. With my window rolled down in the Suburban when I got back inside, it was like being parked under a waterfall... and some of my friends were in a '74 Jimmy with the top off.

Got back to camp where power was off, tin was blown off my shed roof, and everyone was huddled in my brothers house next door trying to find candles and start a fire.

The whole town lost power. The storm let up, we went and cut the fallen trees out of the way that blocked the road to town, and power came back on a couple hours later.

If it were truly a movie, Crazy Joe would have come to the house when the road was blocked and...

But that story faded with the storm, and we re-inhabited camp all alive and un-injured.

And of course, there was the usual exploring and getting stuck along with a couple hikes.

It was fun.

Ok, I wrote too much again.

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    It hit hardest as I was trying to pull out a friend's Toyota out of a mudhole. Gave up when the bumper ripped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, Same yota that got stuck the day I was up there? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Yep... the same one. He got stuck in the same spot a Bronco had just gotten stuck in. Then his Toyota quit running. We, myself in my Suburban and some friends and family driving my GMC Jimmy, headed up the trails as planned. So we came back for him later after he and a friend ran to get some gas and some parts. When we came back, it was dark and the storm hit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was a lightning flash off the video tape taken after dark in my Suburban on the way to where the Toyota was stuck.
    [​IMG]

4. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Looks like fun, how I miss being back home.