Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Weekend is Here

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by broc944, May 20, 2006.

1. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

I have to mow the lawn, I have to repair the fence around the garden, I have to finish painting the garage, have to finish painting the house, I have to till some more in the garden, I have wood to cut, split and pile, I need to sweep out the garage.

I need to find a women so I can have her do all this work while I go fishing and wheeling:D .

Pad away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

pad

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

ok here's my list for the weekend, I'm gonna try and knock most of it off today though:

• little bit of paper work this morning
    • pull both hubs on the truck, clean and repack the bearings
    • pull the pass inner and outer axle to replace them
    • pull the pass side axle on the project truck to swap into my current one
    • find why I'm spitting oil out the back of my steering box
    • check the power steering
    • finish sand and put one more coat of stain on 8 (3ftx4ft each) pieces of dance floor for work---then 3-4 coats of sealer--after that only 40 pieces left:doah:
    • try and get the 60 hubs/wheel bearings built today and maybe just maybe get it under the truck
    • wash/clean out the truck from last weekend
    • AND have this all done by 4pm so I can watch the All-Star race tonight
    maybe I should get to work:D

4. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Here's my list....

Just got back from a free breakfast buffet with some friends. I would like to take a nap but I have to go to my work and borrow a dump truck and a bobcat so I can clear some dirt away from my backyard. Maybe I'll do the nap after that. Ahh...almost forgot, I also need to finish the repair work I started on the backyard gate, but maybe I can push that to tomorrow. That nap does sound good though.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Worked on a project for the Burb all morning, Going to mow the yard and then its off to a niece's B-day party this afternoon. At least the B-day party will include a crawfish boil and beer.

She is turning 1 which tells you just how far we will go to boil crawfish and drink beer.

6. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Just when the grass was about dry, it rains, still working on the fench.

7. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

ok it's almost 6 and let's see what I got accomplished today:
    • little bit of paper work this morning--DONE
    • pull both hubs on the truck, clean and repack the bearings-Half Done
    • pull the pass inner and outer axle to replace them--Been puller but not installed
    • pull the pass side axle on the project truck to swap into my current one--DONE-pulled but it needs a ujoint
    • find why I'm spitting oil out the back of my steering box--Didn't even get ot it
    • check the power steering--Again not even a look
    • finish sand and put one more coat of stain on 8 (3ftx4ft each) pieces of dance floor for work---then 3-4 coats of sealer--after that only 40 pieces left:doah:---I moved them out of my way does that count
    • try and get the 60 hubs/wheel bearings built today and maybe just maybe get it under the truck--Still sitting on the work bench
    • wash/clean out the truck from last weekend--Still coverd in mud and stinks inside
    • AND have this all done by 4pm so I can watch the All-Star race tonight---Race is just about to start:D

looking at it I didn't get much done but when I went up to work to use the press I got stuck doing stuff around there and that ate away my day fast.
    AND now I have to add get the project covered and all the parts under tarps because it's suppose to rain tonight:doah: oh well I'm gonna watch the race for a little bit

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here's the way my weekend started out..................................

Go to work at 8.

Screw off at the office for about an hour and a half.

Go drive around for awhile.

Come home for lunch, throw some fries in the oven, 5 minutes later, phone rings. I'm out the door and go to the scene where a car load of coked out Guats went through someone's yard.

Haul them to jail and go grab a steak sandwich and some fries.

Take off from there and decide to go check out the lake.

Find two people having relations and another guy with a jar of vaseline and a "pump."

Leave there, go see my buddy so he can tell me about the all powerful KHP stop sticks that took out suspect's car and three patrol units last night. Partner calls, needs some help on an affidavit, head to the office.

He gets that done, phone rings. Dispatcher tells me (this is 20 minutes before I'm off) that Texas had a hit and run and the car was coming our way.

So I head to the little lad's room and before I can even start on my business, the Texas cop comes on our frequency and says he just got told the hit and run suspect crashed near the state line.

So my partner and me bolt from the office and go to the scene. Evening shift shows up, pickup that tried to run my partner off the road while we were responding comes through, so he decides to go chat with the driver. Stops him a mile away, driver has a warrant.:haha: :haha: :haha:

I just got home about 20 minutes ago, two hours after end of shift. Got some grub, now time to rip off the suit and hit the shower. It was only like 97 degrees today too:D

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Crap, all I did was mow the yard and eat. And drink beer.

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I went to OKC and bought a new mattress and box spring set.

11. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

well, where shall I begin!

got to work at 4:30, made my rounds.

got a call about 5:45 that a pasteurizer wouldn't run, tried to get it running so had to call maintenance. finally got it running 3 hrs later due to a bad drive.

helped get another line running because the programming on it wouldn't let it operate while the above said line was down.

made a check on a cook and found some under cooked pickles, got them seperated so we can put back on tonight. got the correct temps and been double checking her to be sure everything's ok.

tried to fix a computer problem that my tracer operator runs, but couldn't. so told her to keep doing her checks and save the data, we'll get it fixed hopefully by Monday.

took care of several calls, ate supper, gave a tour to a new employee, and now sitting here planning Monday nights work along with other paperwork.

I'll be glad when 3:30 am gets here! Hopefully everything has leveled off and there will not be any more problems.