Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The whole Blazer thing is getting EXPENSIVE! Jee* route?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, May 21, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

JK about the Jeep thing. Read on please. hahahaha

Man, after washing my truck yesterday.......I'm glad I have a good job. I mean, it costs me close to $15 to wash it everytime I go mudding, and I have been mudding every weekend this month. I read that guy's post about buying a Jee* and I myself might be coming across a good deal on a '92 Wrangler. Here's the scoop, I'm going to keep the K5 and save money and drive the "other." This way I can spend more money on the Blazer. How's that sound? Think it's worth a shot. I know that if I sold the Blazer, I'd cry and wish I had it still, so I'm just going to keep it! Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Klunky, when are you going to post those mudding pictures? I want to see my shiat in the mud!

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hey Alex! Why waste your money and time with a J**p? Do a better thing: get a cheap car! I bought an 85 Olds Ninety Eight with a V-6 for only $300.00. Liability insurance is only $11.00 per month. I fill up a tank of gas about once a month. Now this is some VERY CHEAP transportation! All that extra money to be spent on your K5 if you do this route!!! [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

3. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Sounds like something I'd do. But I'm not big on those compact SUVs liek Heeps and S-10s and stuff. I need a fullsize cuz I'm a fullsize guy[​IMG]. Anyway, if you're getting a really good deal, I'd make the heep a daily driver and the K-5 a trail rig / weekend truck. But, if you lift the heep, we at the K-5 board will disown you [​IMG] j/k!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://billybob.coloradok5.com>http://billybob.coloradok5.com</A>
    [​IMG]

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Wes is right dude. You don't replace a big daily driver with another of the same thing. Get a car like I did. The Monte was $500 and the gas mileage is great.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

*Muddin grabs Blzer4x4kid by the shirt and starts slapping him like mad* Are you crazy!!!!!! A heep!!!! Snap outta it!!! Just kidding...
    Yes, get a cheap econo car. That'd be the best bet. Or even a motorcycle!

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

6. thatK30guy

If you get a Heep, I'm gonna have to jack up the 3/4 ton axles up to Boyce Equipment prices!!! [​IMG]

7. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

If you spend $1000 on a jeep, that's a grand you could have spent on the blazer [​IMG]

I have found it is less headache and cheaper in the long run to keep only one vehicle unless you are taking the blazer out of service for mods or something.

Just keepin it Canadian[​IMG]

8. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

Getting a Jeep is exactly what I'm doing... 'xcept it's being given to me for graduation. It's coming at the perfect time because my trans in the Jimmy is smoked and this will give me time to rebuild the Jimmy like it deserves... new heads, rebuild tranny, rear discs, cross over steering, fix the body (rear floor, full convertable), 2" body lift... ect. I'm really looking forward to the new truck that I'll have when I'm finished. Hopefully when I'm done gas will be down from the $1.98 it's been hovering around here.

Have been stuck (once) as of 8/12/00

9. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I won't say get a beater car cause I'd like a semi nice daily driver... but many may frown on it, but I would get a nice shape car... I have a personal fondness for the AWD Eclipses and Talons w/ turbo... But could be a nice Olds or buick.... a Honda or Toyota... whatever... even an IrocZ like Lara's in stock trim can be great and takes a lot less gas then your truck. A heap is gonna be not a whole lot better milage wise.... Not enough savings to pay for it and the insurance (cuase we all know they have pretty hefty insurance rates) Plus heaps are pretty crappy on the road IMO... not much for luxeries at all... might as well get some nice plush interior and a smooth ride going... Otherwise drive the Truck [​IMG] Just my $.02

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

10. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Get an old Subaru 4X4 with Dual Range transfer case and a LSD rear end, it will take you anywhere and get fairly decent mileage.

Let The Sun Shine Down Upon My Face
    Topless 73

11. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

I to am thinking ablout getting a jeep , but just for plowing, that or just get a honda CRX, just cause the gas prices..i dunno i don't get my licence till jully any ways.........

[​IMG]

12. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

If you get the Jeep, there wil be one mod you want to do to it to make it a little better. It'll start with something small. Then you'll want something else for it. Then you'll have 2 projects. Go with everyone's advice and get a cheapo beater.
    Remember: Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

13. thatK30guy

JEEP also stands for: Just Enough Extra Parts! [​IMG]

14. 85k5blzr

85k5blzr 1/2 ton status

Get a gas/electric hybrid....lots of money for the K5 or buy the Heep cheap and sell the parts on a Heep website for k5 money [​IMG]

K5 just upgraded to rig status! [​IMG]

15. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i am buying a second car. it is the chevy Lumina SS. not very economical though, 350 LT1. it is made in australia, called the holden commodore SS.....or something.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

16. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

jeeps are spendy also, have to admit they take less gas though