Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The wincher

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rasberry, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I just ordered the wincher from Kennesaw Mountian assesories. I ordered the basic with D-rings. Hopefully I'll have a warn winch ready and waiting by the time the bumper gets here. I've found a warn 9000i online for only 768.80 and freeshipping. Sounds like a deal to me.

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Get ready to wait! I've heard that KMA can takes months to deliver! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool
    If you drive over to KMA they might mount it for you?

4. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

He said he is coming to Orlando in two weeks and that he would drop it off for me. No shipping and only two weeks. How awesome is that.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool man!
    I got mine back in 99. I think he has changed the design just a bit sence then. The only thing(orginal model)was adding reinforments or gussets to the bottom back of the mounting plate for the winch. too keep the mount plate from flexing. So far I have used my winch many times and the bumper is doing great!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Good Luck

6. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the vote of confidence in the bumper. I feel better about buying equipment for my trucks that has been tryed and tested.

7. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Dude,

I have both a front and rear bumper from Kyle, and let me tell you, I have absolutely beat the living $hit out of it, and I do mean "beat it".

I live in AZ and have rockcrawled with it, and scraped and dropped off on the rear bumper on some "VERY BIG", rock and both the front and rear are working most excellently.

I use to live in GA, and know Klye personally, and have been to his shop many times, he is a very stand up person, and builds some very awesome stuff. It's worth the wait.

If you check out his website, my truck was the Green 72 pickup. I have literally hung my truck from the front bumper and winch, and had no problems.

Congradulations on you new purchase, you will enjoy it forever.

Here is a picture of mine, /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Bumpers

8. gangbox1

gangbox1 Registered Member

hey guys, what is his web address? thanks

9. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I bought my Wincher after seeing it on Burts web site. Its a bit diffrent than I expected and I did wait a bit longer than I liked but it was worth the wait!! It rocks!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif You'll be happy with it.........in 2 weeks! Better get that winch so you can mount it up asap.