Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The WINTER Uhwarrie trip...*UPDATE**11/30*

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Nov 24, 2003.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A couple of buddies and I are hopefully going to make it to Uhwarrie one more time before this year is out. We're planning on going either Dec. 6th or 12th, and staying the whole weekend. If you'd like to join up, feel free.

UPDATE!

Now I can't go at all. I have to go to a party with my girlfriend... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Re: The WINTER Uhwarrie trip...

No tranny or t case=no Uhwarrie. I wish I could go though.

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Whats up Ash?? Sorry I cant make it, but you may want to find out when URE closes for the season....Your time frame sounds awful close to its winter close date.

Rob

4. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Rob, it looks to me like you're parting out your truck. What gives bud? I sure wish I could afford those hummer wheels. They'd go nicely on my other K5.

Well maybe you can make it next time!

Dawson...thanks for the info bud!

6. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Sorry I can't make it. Hopefully I'll have the '73 K5 ready for Tellico by the Spring.

Take care guys,

7. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

When are you going to know the date...I might be up to going. I have been trying to get my friend into this crap and has never been out on a trail ride.

PM me with the date when set.
    Thanks

8. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Keep me posted Ash. I am up for a run then. Just took the truck out for the first time last weekend at Uwharrie since my 3 months of wrenching on it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif My club usually makes a year end run right before they close up the trails.

Clay

9. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Naw....Not parting it out, just changing a few aspects of it.....Of course, I havent even wheeled it yet, so I dont have any real reason for changing!!! I think I am going to 15" beadlocks with 39.5 Boggers..

rob

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I have already planned on going friday night of the 5th and wheeling saturday, and comming home saturday later in the day. I just put my lift on last month, and have not had a chance to go wheeling yet. I didnt know if anyone else was going to go, I just figured on me and my brother and a friend all going in my truck. I dont think I will be doing any hard trails this time since its my first time taking my truck out. I will probably stick to something like dickey bell, or some others. I doubt if I will do Daniel. I just wanted to make a trip before it closes for the year. So, if you plan on going the 5th or 6th, I might see you up there! We always camp on a trail somewhere, so I probably wouldnt see you unless we planned to meet up somewhere before wheeling. Just thought I would fill you in on my planned trip.
    -Harrison

11. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

might head up there! no bowtiered though. . . need gears still, and driveshaft and SYE. then a front driveshaft. shackle flip. WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH i wants $1500 so badly!!! i could get some 44's a guy has for sale AND the SYE with driveshaft /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

12. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

When are you getting that 60 in Henry? I dont know if that front 10B can handle 44's.
    -Harrison

13. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I was wondering the same thing. I know D60, a motor with some nuts, and 44 boggers don't like to play nice.

Is there anyone planning on going to URE the 12th of Dec..
    I still would like to possibly go or just wait till it
    snows at Tellico. Winter ride!

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Tellico in late Jan kicks ass. I've done it 3 times and it snowed each time.

15. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Well I went solo to uwharrie last weekend. I camped on one of the trails and it rained on me all night. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif But then again, it did make for some pretty good wheeling on saturday. Uwharrie near the close of the four wheeling season gets pretty dug out, and I definitely wouldnt have made it up most of the trails without the detroit. Most of the rocks were exposed about 2-3 feet above ground, with a nice layer of red clay mud all over them. It was fun though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

16. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tellico in late Jan kicks ass. I've done it 3 times and it snowed each time.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Im making that trip when it snows

17. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well I went solo to uwharrie last weekend. I camped on one of the trails and it rained on me all night. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif But then again, it did make for some pretty good wheeling on saturday. Uwharrie near the close of the four wheeling season gets pretty dug out, and I definitely wouldnt have made it up most of the trails without the detroit. Most of the rocks were exposed about 2-3 feet above ground, with a nice layer of red clay mud all over them. It was fun though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were there on the 6th I was as well, running with a group of little guys (well I guess i'm little with 31" tires) a zuke, 2 TJ's, and an XJ and of course me in my big 85 K10 shorty. I blew 2 beads that day because the dumb idiot before me put 31x10.5" tires on 15x10's. I'm putting a 4" lift on with all new springs and some 35x12.5's on 15x8's.