Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The world is against ya Fumes!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jun 14, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Town orders man to find new home for goat

Wed Jun 14, 4:50 PM ET

MANHATTAN, Mont. - The town council has ordered Bob Perkins to find a new home for the goat that eats the weeds and grass on his front lawn. "I can have two obnoxious dogs, but not a cute goat," Perkins said.
    Mayor Tony Haag said the town of about 1,400 people is growing and cannot afford to allow one of its residents to have a goat. If it did, he said, what would stop other town residents from keeping goats, too?
    An adjacent property owner recently complained about the goat, which Perkins has owned for about a year.
    Initially, a police officer informed Perkins that keeping the animal in the city could be punishable by a fine and jail time.
    The town council voted Tuesday night to force him to remove the goat from the city limits.
    Sadie Hensler, who rents a house next to Perkins, wrote a letter to the town council saying the goat was quiet and friendly.
    Harold Ralston, who works at a dog-grooming business said, "All it does is mow the lawn."
    Before adopting Buddy the goat, Perkins has kept sheep on his property to keep the weeds and grass at bay. Over the years, he has had 13 different sheep, and they were all named Buddy.
    "They were a real babe magnet," Perkins said. "It's the way I met half of my ex-wives."
    ___
    Information from: Bozeman Daily Chronicle, http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha:

4. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

thats funny but kinda dumb. whats wrong with a goat?:confused:
    glad I dont live in city limits

5. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I guess Manhatton, Montana is afraid of being labeled as a hick town.:D

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, with 1400 people there I'm not sure it rates the title "city". 1400 is a town... less than 1000 is a village. lol!

j

7. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've got three goats I quess I'm going away for along time!!!or pay some big $s This is Montana right?I thought anything went , when it came to livestock!!!!!