Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the worst part of thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Nov 24, 2006.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

is cleaning up. Especially if you fried a damn turkey and your wife is cheap ("Save that damn oil David! It was forty bucks!" )

Not only did the fuggin thing boil over after my best efforts to avoid it but now when I went down to strain and pour it back into the jugs it splattered all over the damn place and I dropped the stinkin pot when I was almost done. Fuggin half gallon of congealed turkey contaminated peanut oil speckled with burnt spices all over the concrete and the fence.:doah:

Now my damn dogs are gonna have grease-ass for a week, and I'm gonna smell like fried turkey too.

Oh well. At least I have plenty of vodka.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha: Could be worse you could have spilled it while it was cookin and burned down your fence...I seem to be having a little trouble tonoght choking down a glass of whiskey, startin to feel normal again... buuuurp....:doah:

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

ahahaha...that does suck... makes for a funny story though:D

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

lol, you can measure all you want, but no matter what, oil still seems to boil over, right? that oil can be used about 3 times, then you have to change it... i used it for the 3rd time and it was a little smokey for my liking this time..

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

From a response on PBB to the question "how to fry a turkey" -

It could always be worse.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ighm cooking turjbnjkye at w0ork, Im food at it, Ill show yiu ****ers howda cooka tiurney

7. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

Cristy would say all the gas that I have after eating deviled eggs and drinking beer :D.

8. cbbr

Are you making turkey patty melts?

9. cbbr

I'm glad that you are several hours downwind from here.:haha:

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

LOL grease ass.:haha: :haha: :haha: i had a similar situation tonight. i used old coffee cans for grease and oil after cooking.well it was filled to capacity so i double bagged it and put it in the back of my truck.i was outta garbage bags.:doah: as i got out of the shower today the garbage truck was in front of my house so i could not get rid of it then.:mad: anyway the fam and i are taking off to go look at Christmas lights ,as i pull out onto the main road some guy with his lights off changes into the lane i chose.so i put it to the wood and hear the snowplow crap i took off another truck go banging across the bed.F**k!when i droped the fam off i realized that the can was back there AND a 40lb bag of dog food i jusy got.:rolleyes: when i get home guess what had oil all over it?and that can was aboot three weeks old.vomit smells better.so now my truck smells like puck,i know the dog licked it while i went to get the container i put his food in.and the bag is still in my truck till monday.:laugh: