Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The WTF File- 02/22

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

OSLO, Norway (AP) - A Norwegian family's swimming pool wasn't just bolted down. It was in the ground. But that didn't stop a band of determined thieves.

When the Nicolaysen family visited their mountain cabin over the weekend, they discovered a big hole in the yard in place of the swimming pool that had been installed 20 years ago.

"This can't be, we thought," Arild Nicolaysen told state radio network NRK on Monday. "We didn't think it was possible. No one can steal a swimming pool."

Evidently, someone did.

At some point since early November, when the family closed up the cabin for the winter, their five-metre-diameter pool and all its equipment was uprooted and stolen.

"It must have been a terrible job to disassemble such a big pool," Brit Nicolaysen said. "There is a steel lining all the way around, plus there is a plastic liner and then there was a skimming system, a filter system and a lot of big hoses, and pipes."

Police said they had never heard anything like it. They suspected the pool was taken for someone's private use.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

nice to see you back. and wtf no pic for me to see.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

oh that is deffanatly WTF material!!!

i have hurd of people sneeking into others pools but this is a little much!

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I read that this AM and thought not only WTF with stealing a pool, but stealing one in Norway? I mean, what do you get, two months of use?