Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The WTF File - 02/26

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

OSLO, Norway (AP) - Unlike many fishermen, Harald Skoge didn't have to exaggerate the size of his latest catch. The 146-kilogram halibut was too big for his nearly nine-metre-long boat.

Skoge, who fishes as a hobby, was trying his luck off western Norway with a simple hook and line Wednesday when he thought something had gone wrong.

"At first, I thought the hook had gotten stuck at the bottom," the retiree was quoted as saying in Friday's edition of his local newspaper, Sunnmoersposten.

Slowly, he was able to roll in the line, and realized something very, very big was on the end. When the giant halibut broke the surface, he realized it was too big to haul into his boat.

"I had to tow it to land," he told the newspaper.

After three hours of towing the fish, he was able to deliver it to a local fish processing plant, which weighed and bought the catch.

According to Skoge, the fish's head alone weighed 19 kilograms, more than many anglers can claim for their whole catch.

NOTE: 146 kgs is equal to 321 pounds, brothers!!!!!!:yikes:

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i got one that big once no problem!!!!

lol wow that would be like haveing me on the end of you line and another 40 lbs, so maybe stave too!!! lol

i have a pic around here of a really really old news pater clip with a pic of a 700lb halibut, let me go look.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, now that's real man fishing, when ya gotta tow it to shore to get 'em in.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

heres the pic over a 1000lbs wow. the story is very suprising because of over fishing who had thought there were any that big left!

i have a bigger one but it is 23 pixels oversize and croping dosent change it, i am to dum to know how