Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The X I'm looking at tomorrow...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

The X I\'m looking at tomorrow...

I decided the Xploder is starting to show its age... and instead of pouring cash into the engine to fix every little thing that's starting to break or have it rebuilt, I'm going to replace the darn thing... It's about time I get another vehicle anyway

So I was cruising around town tonight around midnight hitting up all the car lots... And at one of them, I found this little gem: http://www.capautos.com/C61629.bmp

94, XLT... Same set up as what I have now, only it's nice and has about 110,000 miles less /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I couldn't really get a good look at it in the dark, but it looks like all it needs cosmetically is that piece of trim on the back door to be remounted...

I'm going to go talk to the guys at the lot tomorrow and drive it and see if I can get financed without credit... if there's nothing they can do, then hopefully my brother will cosign for me... $120 a month payments is something I can do, even while going to college... I just might have to give up something... I'll figure it out...

I'd also have to sell my James Duff bumper... that 94 isn't something you take apart and spray paint and put tube bumpers on... it's something you lift, put nice chrome rims with 32's on em, maybe a safari basket... and of course my killer stereo system...

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Re: The X I\'m looking at tomorrow...

Wait, your are trading out your Xploder for another one? Where is the smack icon when you need it? I sold my '92 XLT loaded w/ everything for my '70 K5. $3300 for each. Worked out perfectly. And this one has even less problems (imagine that)! You should consider an upgrade. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

your what! Just kidding, looks nice. Go for it man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Somebody get this kid off drugs ok?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah, so I went and looked at it and the salesman said that they have financing for people without credit. So I filled out a form and took it for a test drive, it's really nice... There's a nice weird sound coming from the muffler, but that's my only complaint with it... I'll know in about an hour or two if I can get it...

He's going to give my $500 trade in for my 91 that according to the blue book is worthless /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and no down payment... $150 a month...

Hopefully I can get it, it's a badass pimp truck with plush power seats, a sunroof, tinted windows... it just needs my stereo system and tires

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    He's going to give my $500 trade in for my 91 that according to the blue book is worthless /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and no down payment... $150 a month...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making a big mistake if you go thru with this. Giving you $500 for a '91 then selling you a '94 at top dollar I bet? What $5500 difference or so? If you really want it sell your current truck out right for $1200 then walk in with a $1200 cash down payment and negotiate the price down at least $1000 under what they are asking. Then those payments would drop to nothing by comparison (or a shorter term).

I made this mistake myself and traded off ok vehicles for ones I thought would be a little better while killing my credit in the long run (and never really getting that much of a better vehicle now that I look back on it).

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just don't understand why the hell you'd want another Exploder, and a 4-door at that. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Think CHEVROLET , and get away from the furds !!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You dare use the words Chevrolet in my presence??? I cast great pain upon your soul!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I like Explorers a whole lot... maybe too much... and man I love this one... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif