Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Theft detterent?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Jul 31, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

How do you make an ignition cutoff switch. I want to have a hidden switch that needs to be flipped to get power to the battery. How woud I do it? I have a switch and some wire, don't know what to route it through. Any ideas using the stuff I have?

2. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

If the switch can handle the power, just run it under the hood through the battery cable...my anti-theft device is the fact that its too ugly to steal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Hookup a toggle swithc on the power wire for the distributor. It will cut power to the dist but the motor will still crank over.

My other method is I take a Krytonite cable and run it threw the seat frame and then threw the steering wheel. I lock it with a big arse masterlock and call it a day. They can cut the steering wheel to get past that but then they just have to try and get past the kill switch.

And if you have an electric fuel pump you can put a toggle switch on that line too.

Harley

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

You want it to either cut power to the coil, ignition, electronic fuel pump, etc. All you need to do to wire it in is make sure that the power or ground for whatever you are trying to switch has to run through the switch itself.

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Cool, I like Harleys idea about the distributor. I will look at it this week and figure something out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

lol i have one under the dash and i didnt even know till last week